Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

Gareth Thomas (Blake) reported to have been looking very old at an SF convention the other day and he kept nodding off every few minutes. That is him seated on the far right:

B71798725_630556177000022_1293391152_n_zps559cffba.jpg

Edited by Magere Hein
The picture once will do.
  • Like 1

Guest Guest

Gareth Thomas (Blake) reported to have been looking very old at an SF convention the other day and he kept nodding off every few minutes. That is him seated on the far right:

B71798725_630556177000022_1293391152_n_zps559cffba.jpg

Maybe he was just admiring the carpet :)

Guest Guest

I'm very sad to report the news that the actress Kate O'Mara has died aged 74. She was of course best known for playing the Rani in Mark of the Rani and Time of the Rani.She also had a b it part in a show called Dynasty playing Joan Colllins sister http://www.itv.com/n...a-dies-aged-74/

I'm very sad to report the news that the actress Kate O'Mara has died aged 74. She was of course best known for playing the Rani in Mark of the Rani and Time of the Rani.She also had a b it part in a show called Dynasty playing Joan Colllins sister http://www.itv.com/n...a-dies-aged-74/

Although her appearances were in two of the less well respected stories. Time and the Rani is worth checking out for Kate O' Mara's hilarious impersination of Bonnie Langford which she keeps up for a couple of episodes. Possibly the nadir of Doctor Who writing.

RIP Kate.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

The actor and writer Glynn Jones has died.He was one of only 2 writers from the Hartnell era still alive .He wrote the Space Museum.As an actor he appeared in The Sontaran Experiment as Krans. http://noofficialumb...ember-glyn.html

Guest Guest

Who is the other Hartnell writer that is still going?

Donald Tosh, who was also script editor for a while. Incidentally Bob Baker (of Wallace and Gromit fame ) is the only writer of the Pertwee era still alive

Guest Guest

One of the actors from Doctor Who has died. The actress Barbara Murray , who played the part of Lady Cranleigh in the 5th Doctor story Black Orchid died aged 84 on May 20. http://www.thestage....barbara-murray/

Doctor Who actor Bill Kerr has died at 92 http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-28980254 He was Giles Kent in the Patrick Troughton story Enemy of the World

A sad loss, but then, falling asleep in front of your TV watching your favourite comedy show at 92 is probably one of the nicer ways to go.

Kerr was also one of the few remaining credited actors from The Dam Busters movie. I believe John Fraser is the last actor alive before the squadron gets Dam Busted

Kerr was also one of the few remaining credited actors from The Dam Busters movie. I believe John Fraser is the last actor alive before the squadron gets Dam Busted

Also the last remaining actor out of the regular cast of Hancock's Half Hour.

Also the last remaining actor out of the regular cast of Hancock's Half Hour.

I wonder if he'll get to meet Magna Carta in the afterlife.

• Like 1

Colin Baker has announced that Rani co-creator Jane Baker has died

That is DDP points for someone.

I know Pip and Jane copped a lot of criticism for their Dr Who stories (I agree that they are almost unwatchable) but I recently saw the film they wrote, "Captain Nemo and the Underwater City" and it is actually okay-ish. Not brilliant but pleasant enough to view:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065522/combined

Still, they wrote the last Doctor Who story to scare me ('Terror of the Vervoids' or Trial of a Time Lord pts 9-12) when I was 10, so mucho respecto to Jane Baker...

Talking of which, Horror channel are repeating 'The Incredible Hulk' series from the late 70s. Still gives me the willies when Bill Bixby changes! :unsure:

• Like 1

Still, they wrote the last Doctor Who story to scare me ('Terror of the Vervoids' or Trial of a Time Lord pts 9-12) when I was 10, so mucho respecto to Jane Baker...

Talking of which, Horror channel are repeating 'The Incredible Hulk' series from the late 70s. Still gives me the willies when Bill Bixby changes! :unsure:

Yes, I love that Hulk show. It really scared me when I was a little fella as well! I saw a few episodes again a couple of years ago and the whole thing has aged well. Also, Bixby's battle with his uncontrollable métamorphises can be interpreted as an allegory for all kinds of things - alcoholism, drug addiction, various inner demons and so on that people try to overcome and which have negative impacts on their lives.

I have never seen those big budget Hulk films Hollywood pumped out over the last decade or so but from all I have heard they don't stand up to the television show at all.

A photo of the Fifth, Sixth and Seventh Doctors back in costume from a comedy skit they did at the end of last year:

The_Five%28ish%29_Doctors_Reboot.jpg

A photo of the Fifth, Sixth and Seventh Doctors back in costume from a comedy skit they did at the end of last year:

The_Five%28ish%29_Doctors_Reboot.jpg

Was that filmed in widescreen?

• Like 1

This picture of Trevor Baxter (Professor Litefoot) was taken last year (b.1932) I do not suggest him for the main list but he would be a worthy addition to any Who based or Character actor team for 2015