Godot

Munchkins/midgets/dwarves/oompa-Loompas/pygmies/shortarses

And my first hit of the year on the DDP

• Like 1

My first for this year as well and I also have Jerry Maren for the 'double'

My first for this year as well and I also have Jerry Maren for the 'double'

I have Jerry Maren too. I've added him to my list ever since he stopped appearing at the Minnesota State Fair a few years ago.

Down to one Munchkin - Ruth Duccini is dead

small fry compared to the rest of them not a big death.

And my first hit of the year on the DDP

small step in the right direction .

Guest Guest

Anybody know how many Oompah Loompah's are left?

There were 10 altogether.

Deceased

Angelo Muscat (1930-1977)

George Claydon (1932-1993)

Marcus Powell (1932-2000)

Living

Malcolm Dixon (b. ?), still acting, attends reunions

Rusty Goffe (b. 1948), still acting, attends reunions

Albert Wilkinson (b. 1938), still acting in panto

No Info

Ismed Hassan (b. ?), hasn't appeared in anything since the 70s, looked old(ish) back then!

Norman McGlen (b. ?), ditto - hasn't appeared in anything since the 70s

Pepe Poupee (b. ca. 1950), presumably alive

Rudy Borgstaller (b. ?), no info - Willy Wonka seems to have been his only role

Pepe Poupee died a few years ago.She was in the nursing home I worked at for a while

Guest RyanS

As coroner, I must aver, I thoroughly examined her. And she's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead.

Guest Guest

there are quite a few child munchkins still alive.Jerry Maren is the only adult munchkin still alive, just to clarify things

It's still the 24th in the U.S. Jerry Maren turned 94 today.

It's still the 24th in the U.S. Jerry Maren turned 94 today.

I wonder how many times a week he walks down the street and someone says to him "Shouldn't you be in school?" and then they actually take a proper look at his incredibly wrinkled face and say "Oh, sorry!"

I saw Spades thread title which contained the words "short list" and it got me thinking about all those short arses ( under 5ft 5ins for arguments sake) that are getting to an age where they MAY be candidates for a list all of their own.

Ronnie Corbett has had health issues of late and he is coming up to the age of 84 so, a possible candidate for my 2015 list.

Any others?

Wasn't there a munchkin type thread?

Eh, not seen Ronnie for 10 years or more, was spry enough and looks like the wizened old aunty every cunt has that lives to 110.

Hmm, interesting.

Verne Troyer, who played Dr. Evil's Mini-Me in the Austin Powers series, has been reported as a totally tanked-up super-duper alchy. Not sure if he's still up to those antics though.

Other possibles:

Tom Cruise

Michael J. Anderson (dancing midget from Twin Peaks)

Linda Hunt is getting on a bit these days

I had a theme team in DDP a few years ago called Bijou Bodettes. I think most of them are dead now, but Patty Maloney might be worth considering and I thought Barbara Windsor looked rough when she was in the Strictly Audience a few weeks ago. Jean Boht is getting on in years

is 5ft5 that short? I'm 5ft5 and I'm taller than a lot of people I work with.

• Like 1

Woody Allen 5" 5

Michael J Fox 5" 4

Sharon Osboure 5" 2

Danny DeVito 5" 0

Prince 5" 2

How about Mike Edmonds? Although he'd probably prefer to be remembered for his roles in Star Wars and Time Bandits, to me he'll always be Little Ron from Maid Marian and Her Merry Men. 70-years-old, not appeared in any TV/film since 2009.

I had a theme team in DDP a few years ago called Bijou Bodettes. I think most of them are dead now, but Patty Maloney might be worth considering and I thought Barbara Windsor looked rough when she was in the Strictly Audience a few weeks ago. Jean Boht is getting on in years

5ft 5in is above average height for a woman but a man with that would be considered a bit of a shortarse...

Tom Cruise is 5'6", he's too tall for this thread. ;-) :-P

Im really surprised Handy, I really thought you were something like 5ft8 to 6ft tall!!!!

Scientifically, which is probably bull shit, short people don't live as long as tall people.

The fact that Ronnie Corbett and Willie Carson are still about when Richard Keil and A.N Other have carked it disproves that.

Mind you, there still is Sir Christopher Lee...........

Im really surprised Handy, I really thought you were something like 5ft8 to 6ft tall!!!!

Scientifically, which is probably bull shit, short people don't live as long as tall people.

The fact that Ronnie Corbett and Willie Carson are still about when Richard Keil and A.N Other have carked it disproves that.

Uh, do you realise your userpic's broken and not working? Or do you just not care?

Uh, do you realise your userpic's broken and not working? Or do you just not care?

In the great scheme of things it doesn't matter a shit, however, I will try and repair it by bringing back the wanking chimp....

In the great scheme of things it doesn't matter a shit, however, I will try and repair it by bringing back the wanking chimp....

Yeah I know, its been broken for like 4 months or sommat, and I didnt say anything so dont act like I'm "hasslin' ya".

And the new ones gross, fuck. Shouldnt have said anything