maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Linda Ronstadt has Parkinson's, and was officially diagnosed eight months ago but has likely had it for seven or eight years.

Poor poor pitiful her.

Actually, really sad news. I loved Linda, and as long as she hasn't airbrushed her excesses, her autobiography should be a cracking read.

Linda Ronstadt has Parkinson's, and was officially diagnosed eight months ago but has likely had it for seven or eight years.

Poor poor pitiful her.

Actually, really sad news. I loved Linda, and as long as she hasn't airbrushed her excesses, her autobiography should be a cracking read.

Guest Brian Wildebeest

I just got off the phone with Carlo Mastrangelo of the Belmonts and his health isn't doing so well. He has battled cancer 4 times or so already and it has come back in various parts of his body. He is a really nice guy and it would be great if you all kept him in your prayers. Thanks.

Clark Datchler of Johnny Hates Jazz has been diagnosed with stomach tumours

Guest Jim

He seems pretty optimistic about his chances of recovering. He was quoted as saying "The "future's so bright I gotta wear shades.

He seems pretty optimistic about his chances of recovering. He was quoted as saying "The "future's so bright I gotta wear shades.

That.......wasn't.......them.......

Guest Stacey

Will be a few shattered dreams if he doesn't pull through

If he makes it to January anyone who picks him for their deathpools will be Walking On Sunshine .

And if the chemo doesn't work, he'll be "living in a box" for a long time.

Wishing he could Turn Back the Clock, eh?

Is he dead?

Is he dead?

Nope, not yet.

Nor that one.

Doesn't say much for their musical legacy is that random eighties tracks are assigned to them.

Nor that one.

Doesn't say much for their musical legacy is that random eighties tracks are assigned to them.

I can't even remember them. They must have been late 80s when it all went really crap.

Nor that one.

"System Addict" and "My Favourite Waste of Time" were their only decent songs anyway.

• Like 3

I can't say I've heard of her, but from her obituary it sounds like Joan Regan was quite the big cheese on the '50s UK variety/pop scene.

Clumsy and cursed too...

After being knocked out by a descending safety curtain during her first appearance in variety, she developed her act to include impressions of Gracie Fields, Judy Garland and actress Anna Neagle, to whom she bore a facial resemblance.

In 1984 she slipped in the shower, hit her head on the tiles, and suffered a brain haemorrhage. After an emergency operation she was left paralyzed and speechless

Her marriage to Claff ended when her husband was jailed for fraud, a crisis which led to her suffering a nervous breakdown.

After her convalescence from neurosurgery in the 1980s, she was encouraged back onto the stage by her old friend Russ Conway. Her late career on the nostalgia tours of Britain’s regional theatres drew fans that had remained with her for over four decades.

Why isn't this woman a gay icon?

Not sure if this is the proper thread to post this

http://www.iol.co.za...trike-1.1584542

Nadezhda Tolokonnikova from the Russian band Pussy Riot has been on a Hunger Strike since Sept 23. She was moved from her prison cell to a nearby hospital. It's seems probable the protests against Putin may lead to death for someone in the group.

Not sure if this is the proper thread to post this http://www.iol.co.za...trike-1.1584542 Nadezhda Tolokonnikova from the Russian band Pussy Riot has been on a Hunger Strike since Sept 23. She was moved from her prison cell to a nearby hospital. It's seems probable the protests against Putin may lead to death for someone in the group.

I would call her a "pop star", perhaps there needs to be a seperate one for punk musicians. But then again we'd have to deter people from posting stuff about Blink 182 or Green Day in the same thread.

Not sure if this is the proper thread to post this

http://www.iol.co.za...trike-1.1584542

Nadezhda Tolokonnikova from the Russian band Pussy Riot has been on a Hunger Strike since Sept 23. She was moved from her prison cell to a nearby hospital. It's seems probable the protests against Putin may lead to death for someone in the group.

Well that should boost sales at least