maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

My new best friends at Gonzo Multimedia are reporting that Mick Farren - of The Deviants - collapsed on stage last night and never regained consciousness. Cult hero and likely to be widely reported. Gonzo had just signed The Deviants.

Guardian Unlimited obit.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2013/jul/29/charles-shaar-murray-tribute-mick-farren

I didn't know that JJ Cale wrote Eric Clapton's "Cocaine". I never heard of him so he must have been very underrated. Neil Young compared him to Hendrix so he must have been exceptional.

Some interest in entertainment pages regarding the impending release of three 1983 tracks recorded by Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury.

Can I suggest they're put onto one CD and titled the Flogging a Dead Nonce EP?

A benefit concert has been held for Wizzard saxophonist Mike Burney, who is suffering from cancer for the second time.

A benefit concert has been held for Wizzard saxophonist Mike Burney, who is suffering from cancer for the second time.

I think it would be a good choice to put him on the deathlist next year, im 100 percent sure he would get an orbit .

Just had word that a good friend of mine C.P. Lee (former lead guitarist with Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranoias) has been diagnosed with colon cancer. He's having some tests run starting from today. Hopefully his prognosis will be good.

Just had word that a good friend of mine C.P. Lee (former lead guitarist with Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranoias) has been diagnosed with colon cancer. He's having some tests run starting from today. Hopefully his prognosis will be good.

LEGEND; I gave him a big up and played some of his music on a (pre-recorded) radio show recently. Still haven't broadcast that one.

• Like 1

LEGEND; I gave him a big up and played some of his music on a (pre-recorded) radio show recently. Still haven't broadcast that one.

Thanks MPFC, I played their version "Where have all the flowers gone" and "Heads down, No Nonsense, Mindless Boogie" on a couple of radio shows that I guested on a couple of years ago here in Minneapolis.

Thanks MPFC, I played their version "Where have all the flowers gone" and "Heads down, No Nonsense, Mindless Boogie" on a couple of radio shows that I guested on a couple of years ago here in Minneapolis.

Aye

It's "Heads Down No Nonesense..." for me in a triple shot with the Bonzo's "Jazz: Delicious Hot, Disgusting Cold" and the utterly under-rated "Sick Man Blues" by The Goodies.

• Like 1

I don't know if this has already been posted but chris brown has had a seizure (probably drugs or attention seeking see lil wayne for details) and refuses medical treatment .

http://www.dailymail...-treatment.html

He is wearing a wife beater aswell :D wife beater wearing a wife beater wifebeatception

• Like 1

I don't know if this has already been posted but chris brown has had a seizure (probably drugs or attention seeking see lil wayne for details) and refuses medical treatment .

http://www.dailymail...-treatment.html

He is wearing a wife beater aswell :D wife beater wearing a wife beater wifebeatception

Perhaps he's not insured

That will be a unique hit for DDP theme team 20 Crooners Croakin' when the UK obit comes.

Edit: Here it is.

She's also a (unique?) Hartlepool Deadlypool hit for me!

That will be a unique hit for DDP theme team 20 Crooners Croakin' when the UK obit comes.

Edit: Here it is.

A fashionable pick a few years ago, so kudos to the team that stuck with her...

Jon Brookes of the Charlatans has died aged 44...

He can't get out of bed

Tch! That was going to be the DDP pun, spoilsport!

Drake Levin, lead guitarist of the improbably-attired Paul Revere & the Raiders, has died of cancer at 62.

Now Paul Revere, the eponymous hero and organist of the group, is in a bad way. Former Raider Mark Lindsay has posted this on Facebook:

It now seems, unfortunately, that my old partner Paul Revere – with whom I used to share outrageous wild dreams of being a successful rock & roll band – is now fighting a tremendous heath [sic] battle. Please keep Paul and his wife Syd in your thoughts and prayers, as it's a most difficult time for both of them and the whole Raider family. ~ Mark

, anyone? It went all the way to number 1 in the US in 1970.

Jon Brookes of the Charlatans has died aged 44...

I don't know why I missed him in my Midlands theme team. He lived 5 minutes up the road prior to fame & fortune jumping on the baggy bandwagon.

Allen Lanier now indeed does fear the reaper at 66.

http://ultimateclass...en-lanier-dies/

I guess someone forgot his perscription; MORE COWBELL!

For all those barbarians who didn't get that joke, Here's a mandatory video you need to watch! Obey!

Still makes me laugh uncontrollably!

http://vimeo.com/62471659

• Like 2