maryportfuncity

Missing In Action

Somehow this thread has reminded me of the video Soul Asylum made in 1993 for '
', which featured youngsters who had disappeared. I watched it again to see if any of the vanished people had ever turned up. Sadly, according to Google, the vast majority of them were never found. Two of those who were eventually located, were Dinah McNicol and Vicky Hamilton, both victims of the serial killer Peter Tobin. Another person in the video, Louise Kay, is also suspected to have been murdered by him.

It truly was the song "74/75" could have been. Actually despite the levels of inane pop cultural bullshit my memory has retained over the years I never knew there were specific versions of that video shot for different areas/countries so that the missing children would always be relevant to the viewership. In recent years when it gets dragged out for "TOP 100 DOWNTEMPO HITS OF THE 90S" countdowns on 4Music or whatever they've always shown American kids so presumably the default video in the vaults is the original and not the updates.

• Like 1

The folk singer, Shelagh McDonald, vanished in the early 1970s.

Discussed on a semi-regular basis on Six Music's Freak Zone where it's generally assumed she's alive.

Speaking of folkies Judee Sill is probably dead but there's no trustable record of the death. The biogs assume this on the basis that she'd gone back to full-blown smackhead status when last in circulation of any kind. The sources of the date of death in the Wiki entry are articles rather than a death certificate. Probably about right, mind.

and former Incredible String Band'er Licorice McKechnie appears to have gone to ground completely 17 years ago. Less a druggie and - s'cuse the confectionary related pun - basically a flake.

Oddly, if the death of anyone in this post were suddenly announced I reckon some of the woolier broadsheets would run a story, if only because some of their readers will have the CDs.

I was listening to the Jim Sullivan album U.F.O., which, like Jim himself, is sometimes considered a bit of a lost classic. If you like pleasant enough, sub-Jimmy Webb/Glen Campbell wistfulness.

The folk singer, Shelagh McDonald, vanished in the early 1970s.

Discussed on a semi-regular basis on Six Music's Freak Zone where it's generally assumed she's alive.

Speaking of folkies Judee Sill is probably dead but there's no trustable record of the death. The biogs assume this on the basis that she'd gone back to full-blown smackhead status when last in circulation of any kind. The sources of the date of death in the Wiki entry are articles rather than a death certificate. Probably about right, mind.

and former Incredible String Band'er Licorice McKechnie appears to have gone to ground completely 17 years ago. Less a druggie and - s'cuse the confectionary related pun - basically a flake.

Oddly, if the death of anyone in this post were suddenly announced I reckon some of the woolier broadsheets would run a story, if only because some of their readers will have the CDs.

I was listening to the Jim Sullivan album U.F.O., which, like Jim himself, is sometimes considered a bit of a lost classic. If you like pleasant enough, sub-Jimmy Webb/Glen Campbell wistfulness.

Album and performer recently given some attention on the generally-excellent Freak Zone on BBC Six Music. I was also impressed.

Terminator 3 actor Nick Stahl has been reported missing by his estranged wife. He hasn't been seen since May 9th.

I'll Be Back?

If Nick Stahl OD's then someone else from Bully will need to complete the trifecta and OD like him and Brad Renfro.

Terminator 3 actor Nick Stahl has been reported missing by his estranged wife. He hasn't been seen since May 9th.

I'll Be Back?

Seems to be a bit of a habit with him nowadays. Maybe it's just an elaborate game of hide and seek

I'll Be Back?

Seems to be a bit of a habit with him nowadays. Maybe it's just an elaborate game of hide and seek

Has returned home and reconciled with wife. Will attend rehab... until he runs off again...

I'll Be Back?

Has returned home and reconciled with wife. Will attend rehab... until he runs off again...

He probably has a secret g/f maybe even kids.

I'm guessing 12 year old Tia Sharp's time in our sights might be short and unhappy. Police now searching around her grandmother's home. Her current "grandad" resident at the same home is 37, and formerly the partner of Tia's mum. Obviously, it's wrong to jump to conclusions and the like so anyone screaming

Murderer!!!

Deserves everything they get at this stage. Which is why I'm not going there just yet.

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19206675

*Dons tin hat

I think there was only going to be one outcome here. Usually if kids are missing for any more than a couple of days, this is usually the outcome. Shame.

*Dons tin hat

I think there was only going to be one outcome here. Usually if kids are missing for any more than a couple of days, this is usually the outcome. Shame.

And when their current Grandad was previously the partner of their mum it doesn't help. If only (muffles sob) they'd made it to Jeremy Kyle, they might have had a chance!

*Dons tin hat

And when their current Grandad was previously the partner of their mum it doesn't help. If only (muffles sob) they'd made it to Jeremy Kyle, they might have had a chance!

That bastard Kyle has so much to answer for.

*Dons tin hat

That bastard Kyle has so much to answer for.

Taking daytime tv to depths thought previously unimaginable?

And when their current Grandad was previously the partner of their mum it doesn't help.

He worked his way through the generations then...

• Like 1

And when their current Grandad was previously the partner of their mum it doesn't help.

He worked his way through the generations then...

Yeah...(sticks out chin, adopts Brucie voice) didn't he do well!

• Like 1

Might be a little closure on a long running story. http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-27392172

If this the breakthrough they need on Claudia Lawrence I'll bet the forward planning staff at Crimewatch are desperate for poor Maddie to stay missing.

• Like 1