harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

American Football Players

Cullen Finnerty(who)

The starting QB who led Gran Valley State(where) to NCAA Division III titles in 2003,2005 and 2006 and briefly played for Baltimore Ravens went missing Sunday on a fishing trip and his body was found in the woods about a mile away Tuesday night.

Kind of shocking Daily Mail would kind of go that obscure and not give a certain former NFL Coach a write up earlier in the year

Do I detect a sense of Bitterness?

:P I was one of the people who who passed up on the NFL Coach.

• Like 1

In recent times, some observers have been very concerned with NFL injuries and some people have asked "how long until an NFL player eventually dies on the field?"

I think the real question is, "how long until an NFL player shoots another player on the field?".

Just like the opening of The Last Boy Scout!

I'd not shed any tears if it was any of the NY Jets getting blown away, but fortunately it's so easy to slap them down we can probably rely on a Dallas player going postal on a Redskin/Giant.

Plenty of NFL related fighting the law since the super bowl, 28 players have been arrested for various crimes since Feb 3rd.

Given the Jovan Belcher murder/suicide, the Cowboys DUI car death and now this, being friends/connected to a NFL player seems to be becoming a high risk strategy.

Hernandez reportedly being investigated for a double murder in Boston last year as well

To bastardise the famous Mark Twain quotation.

American Football is a good Rugby match spoiled.

Amen.

If I've understood the requirements and the precedent with Walter Jens earlier this year - then this does count as a valid Jack Pardee obit.. doesn't it?

From Yahoo's uk news page and it's a summary (or as it says Yahoo blog) of the weeks NFL news and not a Sky copy of a news feed or anything else like that....

http://uk.eurosport..../archive/7.html

Bit strange I'd not noticed it before. It's the same report as listed above by Paul Bearer a few posts up, but posted on Yahoo's UK version.

Can we have our points, nice Mr ManInBlack? :pop:

• Like 1

If I've understood the requirements and the precedent with Walter Jens earlier this year - then this does count as a valid Jack Pardee obit.. doesn't it?

From Yahoo's uk news page and it's a summary (or as it says Yahoo blog) of the weeks NFL news and not a Sky copy of a news feed or anything else like that....

http://uk.eurosport..../archive/7.html

Bit strange I'd not noticed it before. It's the same report as listed above by Paul Bearer a few posts up, but posted on Yahoo's UK version.

Can we have our points, nice Mr ManInBlack? :pop:

Yes it does look familiar, but here it is in the UK version, which was what was needed...

Welcome back to the top, Triple O :) Makes my chances at winning much less likely but it's good to see those who took the risk got their reward in the end.

• Like 1

Really?

Oh that's so gratifying...

That one obit will Jack up my points no end.

Guest Johnny Biggs

American football is stupid the points should only half count.

Welcome back to the top, Triple O :) Makes my chances at winning much less likely but it's good to see those who took the risk got their reward in the end.

Thanks, that's nice to say that but I think you're more likely to win it if Katherine Crowe is as ill as some think and hasn't got that long left. I only think I'll get 3 hits maximum - Suarez, Porcaro and Farmer, and I'm not confident on any of them. The other four picks seem to be ticking over okay.

I do feel Crowe is easily my best shot and the only one left on my team to have a real likelihood of going before the year's up, but in spite of her being all gloom and doom a month ago (coming very close to dying even) her latest blog entry is sounding upbeat again so she could very well have enough in her to last a few more months. So I'm not completely confident in her going before the year's end. Though there's still the possibility she could have another downturn rather quickly, which even she admits.

Paul Oliver A former safety for the San Diego Chargers btwn 2007-2011 is dead at 29 from suicide

:( My hometown team has to be the most cursed with young deaths

The 10 Best Oldest Head Coaches of All Times

Marv Levy 88 (4 super bowl losses in a row)

Bud Grant 86 (0-4 record in super bowl)

Don Shula 83 (1972 perfect season)

Chuck Noll 81 (undefetead with 4 super bowl)

John Madden 77 (legendary head coach & color commentator)

Dick Vermeil 77 (won 1 Super bowl and invincible movie)

Joe Gibbs 73 (won 3 super bowl's with 3 differents Quarterbacks)

Bill Parcells 72 (won 2 super Bowl and gatorade shower)

Jimmy Johnson 70 (have a won college national championship and 2 super bowl)

Marty Schottenheimer 70 (have the most won since 1966 without a super bowl)

Shula's probably the most likely to go in the next few years and get a UK obit. I can imagine the younger ones going on for a while yet - Gibbs was still pretty active with his NASCAR team until recently while Johnson's still doing a fair bit of TV punditry

Chuck Noll has outlived most of his famous Pittsburgh Steelers defence

Of the ones on that list I would say Noll is the one to look out for. He hasn't been in public for about 5-6 years and you go on any Steelers or board rumors are thrown about that he is suffering from health problems.

• Like 1