Sign in to follow this  
ITDY

Bunkum Or Bunker?

I was forced to watch that as well, and the look I got when I asked 'who really gives a shit?' could have killed.

Am I the only person to be quite excited by this. We went to visit the dig site and were looking forward to the conclusion of the tests. There were problems with the documentry, especially the lady from the Richard III society, but if this is Richard it is an important find and brilliant publicity for Leicester.

At the risk of sounding like I'm being awkward, why is it an important find? It's some bones.

You're being awkward.

• Like 1

Could be worse, we could be digging up the bones of an Olde Queen

Mind you Liberace has been gone for some 26 years now......

....brilliant publicity for Leicester.

Which is probably why Lard and co don't give a shit. If it was down their neck of the woods then they would. A bit.

Leicester should milk this for all it's worth.

Message to Nottingham: how's finding Robin Hood getting on?

Which is probably why Lard and co don't give a shit. If it was down their neck of the woods then they would. A bit.

Nah, I wouldn't. It would have to be someone pretty fucking special for me to be bovvered, like Dave Grohl* or summat - not somebody that you only speak of when you're going for a shit.

*Yes, I know Dave Grohl's not dead and, if he were, nor are his bones likely to be found in a car park in Trowvegas. The only things you find in car parks here are used needles and discarded underpants.

Nah, I wouldn't. It would have to be someone pretty fucking special for me to be bovvered, like Dave Grohl* or summat - not somebody that you only speak of when you're going for a shit.

*Yes, I know Dave Grohl's not dead and, if he were, nor are his bones likely to be found in a car park in Trowvegas. The only things you find in car parks here are used needles and discarded underpants.

You mean to say that you actually have underwear down there in webbed finger land?

My God, culture!!!! :lol:

You mean to say that you actually have underwear down there in webbed finger land?

I don't - all mine are in the car park.

You can fuck off anyway, Norfolk Boy, you six-toed cousin-fiddler :D

• Like 2

Ok, you got me bang to rights Lardy.

Fortunately, there are some good surgeons up here are they are doing their best for me.

1141_1147_3_zps652d0db9.jpg

See? My hand is looking a lot better now they have removed two fingers and all the webbing. :P

• Like 3

No idea about the main man, but his statue's bows keep being nicked. Can only be two types of mindless football clowns...

sheep shaggers or fox fans.

However our away lot, did burn down Southend's pier, so that puts a perspective on stuff like that.

• Like 1

No idea about the main man, but his statue's bows keep being nicked. Can only be two types of mindless football clowns...

However our away lot, did burn down Southend's pier, so that puts a perspective on stuff like that.

I'm sure I can remember going to Nottingham Castle once and seeing Robin Hood's bones in a glass cabinet. Or at least they said it was his bones. Could have been my imagination...

Bunkum....

Maybe this was what you saw...

CUT MARKED HARE BONE

Late Upper Palaeolithic food remains from Robin Hood Cave, 12,300 years old.

Part of the right shoulder blade (scapula) of an arctic hare (Lepus timidus). This bone was collected from breccia deposits at the west entrance to Robin Hood Cave by Thomas Heath and Magens Mello in 1875.Examination of the surface of the bone shows a series of cut marks made by a flint knife probably when the front leg was disarticulated from the shoulder. The bone is about 12,300 years old.

So many arctic hare bones were observed in the breccia that W.Boyd Dawkins concluded that '…Man was the normal inhabitant of the cave, while the broken bones prove that he fed for the most part on hares…'. Today, very few hare bones can be traced from this excavation.

The unnaturally straight distal end to the bone is where it has been sampled for radiocarbon dating. An age of 12,340 ± 120 BP (OxA-3415) supports dates for cut marked hare bones excavated by John Campbell from screes in front of Robin Hood Cave. These bones were found with Creswellian artefacts of the Late Upper Palaeolithic.

Ok, you got me bang to rights Lardy.

Fortunately, there are some good surgeons up here are they are doing their best for me.

1141_1147_3_zps652d0db9.jpg

See? My hand is looking a lot better now they have removed two fingers and all the webbing. :P

Found in a Norfolk card shop

wtf_zpsb7a27727.jpg

Ooo gosh that was quite big, sorry. (Something LFN never says very often I'll wager :D)

• Like 2

The contents of my underpants must remain a state secret Lardy. :)

I now cannot get this image out of my head.

There you are, running amok through Sarfend, running onto the pier and commandeering the choo choo train down to the end where you jump off and lob a molotov special at two geriatrics sitting on a bench eating a salmon paste sandwich.

Its just wrong!!!