Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

Guest Guest

This is just the most awful news. I know for a fact that Tom Baker was very close to Mary Tamm and Liz Sladen.To lose both of them in just over a year, both in their 60s, will have a devastating effect on him.I fear for his state of health TBH after this news

Unexpected and deeply unpleasant news. A lovely actress.

• Like 1

Such a sad loss. Mary Tamm for me was one of the reasons why cushions were invented.

• Like 1

What rotten news. Proof that some lovely things do come from Bradford. RIP

• Like 1

Guest ATS

It's very sad news indeed, but a very cheeky dig from you about Bratford :D

And the end could be nigh for my beloved rugby league team any time soon

Sad to see so many dying in a row. I think my earliest memories of Dr Who are repeats of the Keys to Time series as well on ABC Australia back in the early 1980s.

It's very sad news indeed, but a very cheeky dig from you about Bratford :D

And the end could be nigh for my beloved rugby league team any time soon

I'm from Bratfud myself. One of my English teachers was in the same class as Mary Tamm at grammar school - I've probably told the tale on here already but willing to repeat. It's not that interesting to be honest though.

• Like 1

Are Tony and Doug from The Time Tunnel still knocking about?

Are Tony and Doug from The Time Tunnel still knocking about?

Yes, and interestingly Colbert was being lined up to replace Larry as JR in the 80's when he was holding out for more money. The producers could give him another call now!

• Like 1

http://www.mirror.co...actress-1456243

Dinah Sheridan @ 92...

^^^^^^^^^^ was a Time Lady.........

Bernard Horsfall, who played chancellor Goth in the Deadly Assassin (1976, Tom Baker era) amongst other roles, has died aged 82.

Bernard Horsfall, who played chancellor Goth in the Deadly Assassin (1976, Tom Baker era) amongst other roles, has died aged 82.

Sad news.

Guest Guest

Yes he played 4 different parts in Dr Who, Gulliver in The Mind Robber (1968), First Time Lord in The War Games (1969), a Thal called Taron in Planet of the Daleks (1973) and Chancellor Goth in The Deadly Assassin (1976). He is a sad loss to the Whoniverse :(

Guest Hyde De Hi

According to Dr Harold Shipman's Wikipedia page, he once had a walk on part in Blake's 7. Is this really true? :huh:

I know Dr.Harold Shipman was in the prison boxing team due to his "lethal jab"

• Like 1

According to Dr Harold Shipman's Wikipedia page, he once had a walk on part in Blake's 7. Is this really true? :huh:

I thought Fred West was in Crossroads for many years playing the part of Benny Hawkins

Yes he played 4 different parts in Dr Who, Gulliver in The Mind Robber (1968), First Time Lord in The War Games (1969), a Thal called Taron in Planet of the Daleks (1973) and Chancellor Goth in The Deadly Assassin (1976). He is a sad loss to the Whoniverse :(

He was also a Shakespearian actor, when I was at school we went to the RSC to see Henry V with Kenneth Brannagh, Brian Blessed, Patricia Routledge and Peter Miles. Bernard Horsfall played Pistol if I remember right.

He was also a Shakespearian actor, when I was at school we went to the RSC to see Henry V with Kenneth Brannagh, Brian Blessed, Patricia Routledge and Peter Miles. Bernard Horsfall played Pistol if I remember right.

It took me a while to remember who he was. He's always one of those actors with whom I recognise their face and fail to concentrate on the story as I'm always wondering what TV show I've seen them in before.

I keep on meaning to watch Blake's 7 (all the episodes are up on youtube) but I've not gotten around to it yet.

Is it really as good as people say?

I keep on meaning to watch Blake's 7 (all the episodes are up on youtube) but I've not gotten around to it yet.

Depends on what you mean by good? It's pretty dated now (as is any television from the 1970s) both in look and feel (all this dystopian worldview is very much of it's time). However, I've got the first series on DVD and I enjoyed it (I'm only old enough to remember when it had Avon as the leader not Blake and subsequently being confused by the title!) and I hope to get the second series in the not too distant future...

• Like 1

Depends on what you mean by good? It's pretty dated now (as is any television from the 1970s) both in look and feel (all this dystopian worldview is very much of it's time). However, I've got the first series on DVD and I enjoyed it (I'm only old enough to remember when it had Avon as the leader not Blake and subsequently being confused by the title!) and I hope to get the second series in the not too distant future...

I'll give it a go then.

Also, I think you'll find that the first series is up on youtube.

• Like 1