The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2013

Article is from October

Friend of The Beatles Victor Spinetti says he'll never work again after fracturing back. At the age of 82 is this the beginning of the end for Texas Pete

http://www.walesonli...91466-29680302/

Thanks for this Yongle

He is on a draft list of about 40 names I have pencilled in to research for possible inclusion on my reserve 400 list for 2013!

Didn't make it to 2013 (already posted in The Welsh)

Guest Ronan Hutchinson

Wednesday, 20th of June 2012. Surely, HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh should be on the 2013 Death List? After his recent health problems, and given the fact that he 91 don't you think he should be on it? And just why isn't he on the 2012 Death List- I'm seething! I demand he is on the 2013 Death List or I shall be angry! Ronan Hutchinson, Ireland.

Thanks for the very strong case Ronan, to have HRH Prince Phillip on next years list,

I think the committe need to consider the following:

For his 91 years he has had the very best of lifestyles with minimuim stress and the very best food that money can obtain, not to mention the top doctors who will be paid a fortune to keep the old chap going.

As for his recent health scares, his last hospital admission for a urine infection had probably more to do with him stood on a barge during the jubilee river pageant for 5 hours+ in the pouring rain, when he should have being planning his comfort breaks better!!

I feel sorry for the poor sod that upholstered them two lovely seats on the royal barge for Phil & Liz to sit on, of which neither of them even bothered, what a waste!! :hatsoff:

• Like 1

Clive James was in the papers today to deny reports that he is close to death, however it sounds as tho he hasn't long to go

Whoops just spotted the relevant thread, silly me

As we are now awaiting the conviction of complete nutcase Anders Behring Breivik,

but not yet certain how the establishment are going to deal with such a lowlife scum!

Can I suggest that he be on the 2013 List?

Kind of a replacement for the Lockerbie Bomber, i.e a person we would all be happy to know has "left the planet"

As we are now awaiting the conviction of complete nutcase Anders Behring Breivik,

but not yet certain how the establishment are going to deal with such a lowlife scum!

Kind of a replacement for the Lockerbie Bomber, i.e a person we would all be happy to know has "left the planet"

15 years tops, plus Lockerbie Bomber was probably 95 % not guilty as charged...... FFS, it was tried under Scots Law so should have been 'not proven'.

15 years tops, plus Lockerbie Bomber was probably 95 % not guilty as charged...... FFS, it was tried under Scots Law so should have been 'not proven'.

He was tried under Scots law, but there was no jury. Just judges. I don't think he got a fair trial.

He was tried under Scots law, but there was no jury. Just judges. I don't think he got a fair trial.

Correct. Patsy.

Though as I along with 97% of all dead pool players had him...................meh.

• Like 1

Well he won't be facing the death penalty, has no serious illnesses that we know of (physically at least), is only 33 and doesn't strike me as the suicidal type. He didn't try to top himself like mass spree-killers typically do.

So I would say no.

Well he won't be facing the death penalty, has no serious illnesses that we know of (physically at least), is only 33 and doesn't strike me as the suicidal type. He didn't try to top himself like mass spree-killers typically do.

So I would say no.

Imo out before he is 50 and looking for a sequal.............

• Like 1

I agree with you Charon that Megrahi was the fall guy in the horrific Lockerbie Bombing, but not completey innocent of the whole situation.

I was considering the posibility of Breivik not lasting to the end of 2013, as he stated in his final court speech yesterday, that if he was sentenced as a nut job and sent to a mental institute for the rest of his days, he would consider that to be 'a fate worse than death', or the alternative is life in a maximuim security prison where he will never be able to push his right wing agenda, eitherway, I think the he will take his own life. I am certian that that is how he is wired, thus an easy hit for all the deathlisters!! :shock:

Lockerbie Bomber was probably 95 % not guilty as charged...... FFS, it was tried under Scots Law so should have been 'not proven'.

I'm not quite sure that being tried by jury automagically makes the trial fair.

In the Netherlands there's no such thing, all trials, civil and criminal, are before magistrates. There are many legal rules which have the goal of ensuring a fair trial, including appeals, reviews and the possibility to substitute magistrates who seem partial. I have no reason to believe our trials are unfairer than trials by jury.

regards,

Hein

I'm not quite sure that being tried by jury automagically makes the trial fair.

In the Netherlands there's no such thing, all trials, civil and criminal, are before magistrates. There are many legal rules which have the goal of ensuring a fair trial, including appeals, reviews and the possibility to substitute magistrates who seem partial. I have no reason to believe our trials are unfairer than trials by jury.

regards,

Hein

True, but the whole 'get out clause' of it falling (pun intended) under Scots Law, was there was an option for another verdict.

With Breivik considering himself as some kind of soldier, fighting a war, I think it will dawn on him in 2013 after either few months (of being drugged up to the eye balls in a mental institute, or in solatry confinement) that the world has moved on and that he lost! Game Over!!

With Breivik considering himself as some kind of soldier, fighting a war, I think it will dawn on him in 2013 after either few months (of being drugged up to the eye balls in a mental institute, or in solatry confinement) that the world has moved on and that he lost! Game Over!!

Not so sure PP, if it had been a spur of the moment thing maybe, but he planned this for years and knew the outcome. He wanted his time in court, and the fan mail he has undoubtably recieved will boost the ego.

Wouldn't be surprised if he views himself as a 'Leader'............

Not so sure PP, if it had been a spur of the moment thing maybe, but he planned this for years and knew the outcome. He wanted his time in court, and the fan mail he has undoubtably recieved will boost the ego.

Wouldn't be surprised if he views himself as a 'Leader'............

You may be right Charon, We may a have better idea on his state of mind when/if he reacts to his conviction and sentencing.

Can I be the first to suggest him onto the Deathlist 2052!!!

• Like 1

You may be right Charon, We may a have better idea on his state of mind when/if he reacts to his conviction and sentencing.

Can I be the first to suggest him onto the Deathlist 2052!!!

lol, I hope I'm still around then myself to pick him!!!!!!!

Alex Trebek hospitalized after heart attack. He's 71. It seems to be his second heart attack - after one in December 2007.

(using the voice of Alex Trebek while he hosts Jeopardy)

Oooh that's too bad Esturian Float. We can't give you credit because you forgot to put it in the form of a question. How much did you wager?

I was wondering about aging actress Elizabeth Wilson. She is now 91.

Remembered for many roles including the mother of Dustin Hoffman's character Ben Braddock in the 1960s fim The Graduate.

It was a notable movie in many ways including my next suggestion.

William Daniels. He portrayed the father of Dustin Hoffman's character in that same movie. Daniels however is only 85.

The notable item here is that Daniels is only 10 years older than Hoffman.

That being a different matter, I also submit the idea of William Daniels to next years possibilities.

So there we have it for 2013 I offer up Daniels and Wilson. Maybe even Hoffman just to make it a family win if they all croak.

In today's addition and edition (because it can be both) I have to wonder about Bent Fabric.

Originally he was Bent Fabricius-Bejerre when he was born in Denmark back in 1924. He is to be 88 this year if he iis still wiht us in December.

A musical man, he is known to many for his 1960's tune Alley Cat (the release name it was given after it had been successful in Denmark under the name of Omkring et Flygel. A zippy little tune, you can almost imagine Eartha Kitt or some other form of Catwoman dancing to it.

Bent Fabric should go on the list for next year.

Guest death watch beatle

What about Dora Bryan who will be 90 next year? In 2009 she was described as 'ailing' and 'extremely frail and hardly eating'. Might be worth a punt...

I would like to suggest Audrey Totter.

The actress was born in 1918, currently 93 will be 94 in December. A one time contract player for MGM she was a familiar if often unknown face on the screen.

Of the main characters in The Postman Always Rings Twice, she is the only one still alive. Lana Turner is long gone as is John Garfield and Hume Cronyn

She also starred in Lady In The Lake with Robert Montgomery and appeared in other films and several television shows, last known appearance was in 1987 as a nun on an episode of Murder She Wrote.