Paul Bearer

Not Seen Any Good Films/movies

I have not seen a single episode of an NCIS/CSI type show which seem to be really popular for some reason.

Nor me, although my daughter is currently studying forensic science at uni, I suppose I really should take some kind of interest in it.

You could do so by committing some interesting crime. Murdering an actor in such a show should do nicely.

regards,

Hein

I have not seen a single episode of an NCIS/CSI type show which seem to be really popular for some reason.

Nor me, although my daughter is currently studying forensic science at uni, I suppose I really should take some kind of interest in it.

You could do so by committing some interesting crime. Murdering an actor in such a show should do nicely.

regards,

Hein

He'd get no points for that, though, would he?

Thinking of watching the lord of the rings trilogy and the harry potter movies not really my cup of tea though , can anyone tell me if they are worth watching?

Thinking of watching the lord of the rings trilogy and the harry potter movies not really my cup of tea though , can anyone tell me if they are worth watching?

If you like special effects, the 'Lord of the Rings' are the movies too watch. (My favourite one is the second movie in that trilogy)

Never seen Casablanca, The Great Escape, The Sound of Music or Mary Poppins. Of those the only one I'd be interested in is Casablanca.

I will let you in on a little secret... Despite what the Hollywood hype machine will tell you, Casablanca isn't all that good... It is just a hokey, heavy-handed WW2 propaganda film. I absolutely cringed when I saw the scene where the French patriots drown out the Germans with "Les Marseillaise" in the "singing battle." :rolleyes:

A similar film to The Great Escape was The Wooden Horse (same prison camp etc etc). Good old Peter Butterworth from the Carry On franchise was interred there during the war, and was one of the vaulters in the escape in real life.

He auditioned for the part of a vaulter in the film but was bumped ' cos he didn't look up to it :}

Difficult one!!

LOTR

If you have read the books then the films are OK to watch but a wasted opportunity.

If you haven't read the books then I would recommend reading the books but you might enjoy the films more if you haven't read the books!!

HARRY POTTER

Just don't bother!

I've never seen Silkwood, When Harry McNally Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle or You've Got Mail - is it worth becoming a Nora explorer?

My opinion:

Silkwood - worth watching if you can get past the cast;

WHMS - enjoyable if undemanding - watch with Mrs. HMBWA for maximum enjoyment;

Sleepless, YGM - haven't watched all the way through - nuff said.

Difficult one!!

LOTR

If you have read the books then the films are OK to watch but a wasted opportunity.

If you haven't read the books then I would recommend reading the books but you might enjoy the films more if you haven't read the books!!

HARRY POTTER

Just don't bother!

Be watching LOTR Trilogy this weekend hopefully I enjoy it lots of people only have good things to say about them.

Difficult one!!

LOTR

HARRY POTTER

Just don't bother!

Be watching LOTR Trilogy this weekend hopefully I enjoy it lots of people only have good things to say about them.

Difficult one!!

LOTR

HARRY POTTER

Just don't bother!

They have lots of nice scenery. And there are some lovely filmed battle scenes.

Shame about the story.

They have lots of nice scenery. And there are some lovely filmed battle scenes.

Shame about the story.

They should have used the one Tolkien wrote!

• Like 1

Finally saw A Christmas Story

Don't get why people rewatch this every year. The funny looking kid getting his tongue stuck on the pole was funny but beyond that I like half chuckled at a few other scenes .

A shameful admission but, until I trawled the random recordings on the digibox tonight as Mrs MPFC was out at her yoga, I'd never seen The Wicker Man (she saw it years ago and wasn't greatly interested in a re-run.) Suffice it to say it's nuts in a truly impressive way and all the more so since it's collision of the wilfully surreal and politically incorrect would be harder to create successfully today.

• Like 1

I just saw birdman I serously don't get the appeal. It's the most random film I've ever seen

I just saw birdman I serously don't get the appeal. It's the most random film I've ever seen

"Random"? In what way?

I haven't seen The Avengers or Age of Ultron. I have no real motivation to watch any new generation comic movies at all. I don't quite get the hype. I really want to watch some more serialized drama, especially The Wire, maybe The Sopranos, and West Wing. I haven't seen a single episode of either one.

A shameful admission but, until I trawled the random recordings on the digibox tonight as Mrs MPFC was out at her yoga, I'd never seen The Wicker Man (she saw it years ago and wasn't greatly interested in a re-run.) Suffice it to say it's nuts in a truly impressive way and all the more so since it's collision of the wilfully surreal and politically incorrect would be harder to create successfully today.

Indeed, Nicolas Cage has tried and failed.

"Random"? In what way?

ok I'll explain my hatred for this movie anyway the reason why I hate is becuase birdman takes its self way too serously and us boring and people only like it becuase of birdman speech about cinema and how today's audience don't give a shit about quality and just go to see loud noises and explosions. The movie is also hypocritical as it critises shock value but adds in lesbian kissing (forced aswell) for shock value. It's just two hours of actors sitting down and talking about method acting while and if you dare get bored and say this in imbd they'll think your one of " those" people. May I also add the sences that people like aren't even relevant to the plot.

I have never seen Titanic (or Avatar for that matter) and I don't want to, but I'll watch Terminator and/or Terminator II any time I notice either in the TV listings.

• Like 1

I have never seen Titanic (or Avatar for that matter) and I don't want to, but I'll watch Terminator and/or Terminator II any time I notice either in the TV listings.

Titanic is shite, Titanic 2 is way better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLiG7Fm9Ad0

• Like 2

Garbage. The movie, not your post :-|

I've now gone back and see all the nominated movies, and surely it's subjective, but for me the two best movies I saw were Whiplash and The Theory of Everything. Gun to my head, Whiplash was the best movie of 2014.

SC

Garbage. The movie, not your post :-|

I've now gone back and see all the nominated movies, and surely it's subjective, but for me the two best movies I saw were Whiplash and The Theory of Everything. Gun to my head, Whiplash was the best movie of 2014.

SC

I've only seen two Budapest and birdman I got a mouth free pass at extra vision so I am planning to watch them all

I've only seen two Budapest and birdman I got a mouth free pass at extra vision so I am planning to watch them all

There's a joke in there somewhere.

Went to the Minions on Sunday.

If you have seen the trailer then all the best gags are in there.

Pretty surreal.

Went to the Minions on Sunday.

If you have seen the trailer then all the best gags are in there.

Pretty surreal.

what do you espect from a cash in