This sterling line-up of talent shares our birthday

Yan Whately - Actor, Barbie Problemas da Vida

Cordell Capone Chambers - Miscellaneous Crew, Rush Hour 3

Robert Obara - Actor, The Party Never Stops: Diary of a Binge Drinker

Katherine Emily Mills - Actress, Broke

Craig Peck - Miscellaneous Crew, Revolutionary Road

Mark Nisbett - Defender, Maidenhead United

Fuck me Mary, I've had shits that are more famous than any of that lot :ghost6:

A press release to places likely to be so appauled they'll react in horror, run the story, bring ranters upon our heads and amuse us at the end of a desperately dull year, or summat.

Failing that; tell Bizarre and the Fortean Times. Bizarre did us a little paragraph for our last DL Con.

25 years on and only the following from the original DL have not died *:

1. Clive Dunn
  2. Andrea de Cesaris
  3. Anna Wing
  4. Ozzy Osbourne

* I count "any one Beatle" (i.e. George Harrison) as having died since then. Although I know this could be construed the other way around i.e. that "any one Beatle" (or even two) are still alive.

An interesting question, since de Cesaris is still only middle aged, will he outlive the Deathlist?

Guest Guest

The big 2-5 is coming up in ten days time. Any ideas for a present? Socks? The death of Dunn?

Just any bloody hit would be a major breakthrough after all this time...

Guest Guest

So is today the big day? Happy anniversary deathlist! Clive Dunn R.I.P :birthday:

Happy 25th Deathlist!

HAPPY 26TH BIRTHDAY, DEATHLIST! :birthday:

I'm going to posit a controversial theory that will set academics' tongues a-wagging: there never was an '88 list.

We'd all gone our separate ways after uni, so perhaps we never convened in late 87 after all. This will clearly turn the DL world on its axis, but there you go. It's like the Da Vinci Code or summat.

For my 895th post, I came across this little thread, which I think sort of faded away, as I think the DL is 28 years old (29 in November).

I see this was a thread for sharing earliest memories of celebrity death and the most shocking. I guess the first I recall with any clarity was Elvis Presley, given that up until then I had only seen him pre-jump/fat suit times and I remember being shocked at the coverage which showed a guy I had never seen and also at the possibility you could actually die on the pan. As though going to the loo gave you some exemption from dying! Was nothing sacred anymore?

The most shocking still in my lifetime was John Lennon. After that, assassinations I regarded against the benchmark of that incident, and I guess nothing has come that close. I guess regardless of Lennon's faults, what he generally said to the world was the antithesis of his death. I don't even think Diana was in the same league, although probably in reality it was more akin.

Apologies for actually dredging up an old thread, but I guess there are loads of folks here now who might want to contribute their earliest memories, etc.

• Like 1

I can just about remember the Death of Princess Diana in 1997.I seem to recall lying in my parents bed and my dad walking about getting dressed and my mum shouting "oh god she`s dead " may just be imagining it with hindsight as I was 3 years old.

I should probably add that in 1986 I was half way through my Uni career, and doing the one thing for which I will probably always be remembered. Only famous at a local level, but I did something historic and hopefully changed things for the better. In fact, I know it did. I'll never get an obit worthy of the DL, just in case you're chasing, and I'm not going to post it here. But the thing I started way back then has been going just slightly longer than the DL.

The first death I really remember was the death of Micheal Jackson it was all over the news and my brother wouldn't stop playing his albums

For some reason, although I was almost 4 when John Paul the II died, I don't remember his death, even though I'm FREAKIN' POLISH!

The first death I remember was that of Bernie Mac, when I was 7, I believe. But not very closely. All I remember was my parents watching "The Bernie Mac Show" and they said or maybe I just thought "oops he's dead".

Anyways, a year later, when I was almost 8, Michael Jackson died and I remember me and my friends talk about it.

Humm, the first death I can definitely remember was that of Freddie Mercury, I think. I was 8 years old already.

Edit: No I was nine already... Hmm, seems like the late 80s were relatively free of important deaths in Germany.

Humm, the first death I can definitely remember was that of Freddie Mercury, I think. I was 8 years old already.

Same here re Freddie, although I will have been 6 or so at the time.

The first death of a noteable that really affected me though was Layne Staley of Alice In Chains- I loved them at the time (still do) and always hoped they'd reform.

For my 895th post, I came across this little thread, which I think sort of faded away, as I think the DL is 28 years old (29 in November).

I see this was a thread for sharing earliest memories of celebrity death and the most shocking. I guess the first I recall with any clarity was Elvis Presley, given that up until then I had only seen him pre-jump/fat suit times and I remember being shocked at the coverage which showed a guy I had never seen and also at the possibility you could actually die on the pan. As though going to the loo gave you some exemption from dying! Was nothing sacred anymore?

The most shocking still in my lifetime was John Lennon. After that, assassinations I regarded against the benchmark of that incident, and I guess nothing has come that close. I guess regardless of Lennon's faults, what he generally said to the world was the antithesis of his death. I don't even think Diana was in the same league, although probably in reality it was more akin.

Apologies for actually dredging up an old thread, but I guess there are loads of folks here now who might want to contribute their earliest memories, etc.

If it's any comfort to you he didn't literally die there on the actual toilet... there was a good reconstruction-filled documentary about it on Channel 5 last year innit.

When he realised he was having the bad kind of "heart-pounder" he got up and staggered forward in an attempt to get help. So he died face-down, flabby-arse-up in the bathroom with his pants round his ankles, much more dignified I'm sure you'll agree.

• Like 1

Dr Z, I am comforted more than you know now. Imagine the fun this place could have had with his death. Stiff of the Dump, perhaps?