DevonDeathTrip

Life In Prison

IRA man Brendan Lillis, "gravely ill with just days to live", according to his partner. However the parole board won't release him as they believe he still poses a threat to society.

The truth is probably somewhere between these two points of view, but his long term prospects really don't look too good.

• Like 1

Along with the - allegedly - suicidal Shrien Dewani (accused of hiring a hitman to kill his bride on honeymoon in South Africa), it is now being reported that alleged hitman Xolide Mngenie is so ill with a brain tumour he won't survive to stand trial, or qualify for 2012 dead pool teams!

IRA man Brendan Lillis, "gravely ill with just days to live", according to his partner. However the parole board won't release him as they believe he still poses a threat to society.

The truth is probably somewhere between these two points of view, but his long term prospects really don't look too good.

More health news on Brendan Lillils....

Allison Morris from the Irish News has described Lillis’ condition as ‘shocking’. She details how he has been lying in the same position for months, and that his bed is soiled as is causes him too much pain to be moved.

He’s been diagnosed as anorexic and has the body mass index of a boy of 11 or 12.

Clifford Robert Olson, one of Canada's most notorious serial killers, is dying of cancer. According to his family he only has "days to live", but that phrase seems to get banded about quite alot when ill prisoners are concerned (see the above mentioned and still breathing Brendan Lillis). As long as he manages another 101 days, he's worth keeping an eye on.

Troy Davis executed despite a shed-load of supporters and a few successful stays. We should - probably - have debated his case more on here. Given the evidence he didn't deserve to die and the previous escapes, he does highlight the lack of certainty with regard to some Death Row picks.

Troy Davis executed despite a shed-load of supporters and a few successful stays. We should - probably - have debated his case more on here. Given the evidence he didn't deserve to die and the previous escapes, he does highlight the lack of certainty with regard to some Death Row picks.

Bleeding sad. I feel like I should design a custom t-shirt with Troy's image and a cutting remark below it. "I hear the case went to Clarence Thomas... another reason to believe the judge is a useless pile of !!!!"

He wasn't exactly a nice person . He had threatened someone earlier in the night with a gun and was a known drug dealer however i guess this doesn't make him guilty , Reminds me of the Michael shields case in many ways .

Guest manuel minoza

Sorry I from Portugal.Who this Clifford Olsen man? :sicktherm:

Canadian murderer, killed 11 children in the early 80's before being caught. Diagnosed with terminal cancer earlier this year, and died of it yesterday.

Canadian murderer, killed 11 children in the early 80's before being caught. Diagnosed with terminal cancer earlier this year, and died of it yesterday.

Ask a question - you get an answer. Even the least techno minded of folk can click a link and find out what happened in this case. For said numpty to go round adding "scratchhead" for little reason just goes to prove that the percieved intelligence of the human race is not what it is made out to be.

Sen' Manuel Minoza, I say to you...

.... off, untill you have grown at least half a brain.

Do I detect something familiar about Senhor Manuel Minoza's style and punctuation? :sicktherm:

Do I detect something familiar about Senhor Manuel Minoza's style and punctuation? :sicktherm:

No. A quick IP check confirms the address is in Portugal.

Dammit, I was hoping he would hold out long enough to be put on my list next year. :sicktherm:

Maybe if that Scottish quack who diagnosed Ali Mo Al Megri did him as well he may well have lived until next year. Mind you, the bloke was so bad at his diagnosing that Olsen may have lived until 2014 and screw up DL's all over the planet

One of the UK's 20 or so 'whole life tariff' murderers, Peter Moore (aka themaninblack Man in Black) died in Broadmoor a couple of months ago.

Edit - I see they've changed their story, it's nice to see the prison service doing such a fine job keeping tabs on their clients. Maybe it's the former England cricket coach Peter Moores who's kicked the bucket.

One of the UK's 20 or so 'whole life tariff' murderers, Peter Moore (aka themaninblack Man in Black) died in Broadmoor a couple of months ago.

Just read a report that the prision service say it was someone else called Peter Moore who died.

Just read a report that the prision service say it was someone else called Peter Moore who died.

The BBC concurs.

The BBC concurs.

It does now, after a hasty rewrite of that page.

The 'Onion Field' killer Gregory Powell serving life for killing LAPD Officer Ian Campbell in 1963 is suffering from terminal prostate cancer.

The Califonia State Parole board voted against recommending a compassionate release as they believe he still poses a threat.

Bearing in mind The Onion Field was a successful book and film, he might be worthy of future consideration. The Daily Mail loves stories of cop killers dying in jail.

Demented elderly serial killer Juan Corona, 77, who hacked 25 people to death in the early 1970s, has been denied parole for the seventh time. He was once known as America's most prolific murderer, before John Wayne Gacy knocked him off the No 1 spot.

Guest Guest

Donald Neilson - The Black Panther. In jail since 1975, now believed to be suffering from motor neurone disease.

Dead. Oh well.

Good to see the world is getting rid of some of the waste today. Lets hope ian Brady or Huntley also go

Another of "Bradford's finest"... :wacko:

My mother and aunty/uncle live just up the road from where the Harrogate post office murder was (the post office isn't there anymore btw, though was for a long time afterwards). I've already set a stopwatch for how long it takes for one of them to mention it...

I think only murdering four people in a fit of psychosexual sadism does put you in the top 10 percent of Bradford inhabitants, tbh.

• Like 1