I'm actually surprised I'm surprised at this news.

So: suicide, accidental OD or something else? I'm going for suicide (though probably via drugs).

Accidental OD I reckon.

I really hope it was accidental.Just another reminder to kids how dumb it is to take drugs,whether yoiu want to live or die.There are cheaper and quicker ways to kill yourself

Lets face it - she was never one to grow old was she?

There were signs that she just might be starting to lead a more normal life,but I gues s she wa s just fooling people. I hate to think its inevitable that anyone on drugs are destined to die young.

I reckon Pete Docherty will be dead within a year

The thing that amazes me so far is.......................................................... no ranters yet.

Hope springs eternal. You never know even Chris Martin might not resist the lure of the crack pipe...

I don't. Doherty's made of far stronger stuff than Winehouse and is a lot more stable and able to cope.

I'll be honest and say I never noticed any of her so-called 'talent'. Dreadful voice, ho hum songs (apart from Rehab, which is quite good) and a shockingly bad look. No, not a fan.

Hope springs eternal. You never know even Chris Martin might not resist the lure of the crack pipe...

wishful thinking indeed :)

The thing that amazes me so far is.......................................................... no ranters yet.

No hits in the first 15 pages when I stick "amy winehouse dead" in Google. "+amy +winehouse +deathlist" finds a link to our main page on the first page, but that is hardly a likely search phrase for ranters.

Anyway: a sad miss. For us.

I rather like her music, but her death doesn't surprise me. That said, I expected her to last a few more years.

Edit to add: suicide, I think.

regards,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein

Guest Ginn

DEAD!!!!

Only my opinion of course, but who cares if Amy Winehouse is dead? (Apart from her loyal fans, of course and her family) butthere are millions of people dying right now through no fault of their own and she pisses her life away on drugs.

Or maybe she's using this as a gimick and is about to release a new album, and she will suddenly show face again.

I know, I know I'm a cynical old bastard.

Does this increase the chance of Linsay Lohan or Britney Speirs going on next years list?

Also , does anyone think t his is as big a death as Michael Jackson?

Not in the slightest. Jacko's death is up there with Diana in a OMFG/remember where you were when... way.

Winehouse's death isn't even on par with Kurt Cobain - at least he was still significant and active music-wise when he killed hiself. Winehouse has been washed-up, "troubled" celebrity fodder for years rather than anything significant musically, despite the recent pathetic attempt at a comeback.

Oh, FFS - she wasn't even on my Popbitch list, let alone DDP... Damn.

Does this increase the chance of Linsay Lohan or Britney Speirs going on next years list?

No and no. Next stupid question please.

Not in the slightest. Jacko's death is up there with Diana in a OMFG/remember where you were when... way.

Winehouse's death isn't even on par with Kurt Cobain - at least he was still significant and active music-wise when he killed hiself. Winehouse has been washed-up, "troubled" celebrity fodder for years rather than anything significant musically, despite the recent pathetic attempt at a comeback.

Oh, FFS - she wasn't even on my Popbitch list, let alone DDP... Damn.

More like Elvis I would have thought. Winehouse's influence on the current music scene is currently sitting top the Album charts as we speak - all that 60s souls revival stuff was kicked off by her...

hit #4 for me.

SHE WAS PRETTY FAMOUS IN THE STATES THOUGH WASN'T SHE?

sorry about caps..just realised I left the caps lock on.must learn to look at the screen while typing...

It does seem that people might be overlooking the real victims of this tragedy.

There must be a number of Camden-based drug dealers sadly reworking annual profit and loss projections at the moment :)

• Like 1

sorry about caps..just realised I left the caps lock on.must learn to look at the screen while typing...

Not for her music though, more for being an ugly bint with bad teeth.

How long before Blake Fielder-Civil is touting for Sunday paper exclusive business?

Why Didn't you just delete the post you were making and type again in the lower case

It does seem that people might be overlooking the real victims of this tragedy.

There must be a number of Camden-based drug dealers sadly reworking annual profit and loss projections at the moment :)

There's always the ex-NOTW hacks that need a pick-me-up.

What an extraordinary month it has been...

RIP AMY :)