The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2012

Guest Bluegrass Flyer
Rob Grills, lead singer of the Grass Roots, hasn't had the best of years.

He's endured the roughest health stretch in his life. Grill, 64, underwent brain surgery in February, had pneumonia in the spring, suffered from kidney failure in early June, and will have knee replacement surgery in July

I think I can help his doctors out....given the sequence, they should start investigating his feet next.

My dear friend Rob Grill - leader of The Grass Roots (legendary band) is in need of sustained prayer tonight. he's in the hospital in critical condition. may God bless my friend..... if you can, please share this....

A new year, a new Ideas and Possibilities topic.

Cheers,

TUM

I'd be putting someone elses money on Amy Winehouse as a self destructor for 2012, unless she manages it this year.

Jake Busey will "die if he drinks again." We don't have a thread for attention-whoring actors who were in one movie 15 years ago to pretend they're dying in order to get column inches, so this goes here.

Guest Bluegrass Flyer
Rob Grills, lead singer of the Grass Roots, hasn't had the best of years.

He's endured the roughest health stretch in his life. Grill, 64, underwent brain surgery in February, had pneumonia in the spring, suffered from kidney failure in early June, and will have knee replacement surgery in July

I think I can help his doctors out....given the sequence, they should start investigating his feet next.

My dear friend Rob Grill - leader of The Grass Roots (legendary band) is in need of sustained prayer tonight. he's in the hospital in critical condition. may God bless my friend..... if you can, please share this....

To Rob's fans.

I've been informed that Rob's hospitalization is due to a stroke he had recently (his third in the last couple of years), and that he is in a doctor induced coma which is what has been keeping him alive.... He is on life support but is reportedly in stable condition according to his wife Nancy.

Please continue pray for Rob, I will try to keep you informed of any further developments....

Guest aabagan

I would like to add the entire remaining 2011 list to 2012 They all will survive I am sure. No hits in 14 weeks. Has that ever happened before? Feels like "Mississippi in the middle fo a dry spell", especially with all the hype about Zsa Zsa and Maggie a few months ago. Utterly disappointing results so far

A major politician of the past, although maybe considered a soft target, is 95-year old Yitzak Shamir, seventh prime minister of Israel. He's in advanced stages of Altzheimer and no longer recognizes any of his visitors.

A major politician of the past, although maybe considered a soft target, is 95-year old Yitzak Shamir, seventh prime minister of Israel. He's in advanced stages of Altzheimer and no longer recognizes any of his visitors.

A very good idea you have there Whitehouse, he's such an obvious pick. Maybe that's why he's already on the fucking list, and has been for the last several years.

Oooo are you gonna take that from someone who's only been a member since march?

Barry Hines

Author of "A Kestrel for a Knave" on which the film "Kes" was based "is now an in-patient at The Woodlands older person’s unit at Rotherham Hospital after a spell at a nursing home ended because staff were unable to cope with his challenging behaviour".

Dunno how seriously we've considered Gerry Goffin, 72 year old songwriter and so badly afflicted terms of his mental health that it cost him his marriage to Carole King over 40 years ago. He remarried but his Wiki page is notably sparse considering his achievements.

Oh yeah, and - discussed elsewhere - Warren Mitchell hasn't exactly raised his profile since his mild stroke 7 years ago, and he has an incurable nerve problem in his spine. B. 1926, well worth inclusion in the 50 pretty soon.

Sympathies to Bluegrass Flyer, as Grill died yesterday - http://oneoclockradio.com/main/2011/07/rob...as-passed-away/

Robert Osborne

The 79 year old Turner Classic Movies host is going on a leave of absence for minor surgery. At 79 and with a history of heart and weight problems I doubt any surgery is "minor" anymore.

Not sure if he would get a Obit ouside of the Us.

Sympathies to Bluegrass Flyer, as Grill died yesterday - http://oneoclockradio.com/main/2011/07/rob...as-passed-away/

"Sha la la la la la Live for today"???????? Damn.. I was just watching them play that in concert on YouTube the other day.

Robert Osborne

The 79 year old Turner Classic Movies host is going on a leave of absence for minor surgery. At 79 and with a history of heart and weight problems I doubt any surgery is "minor" anymore.

Not sure if he would get a Obit ouside of the Us.

Think theres a good chance he probably would, Jack LaLanne's passing got a fair bit of coverage and he wasn't that well known outside the US

He could still have minor surgery, like an ingrowing toenail or a boil lanced on his rear end, or summat.

They might have £161 million, but those two haven't got a neck between them. They're clearly no strangers to a trans-fatty snack on a normal living wage, he's 64, she's already had serious health problems, and now they can really afford to pig out! Will they both see 1 Jan 2013?

They might have £161 million, but those two haven't got a neck between them. They're clearly no strangers to a trans-fatty snack on a normal living wage, he's 64, she's already had serious health problems, and now they can really afford to pig out! Will they both see 1 Jan 2013?

Maybe not. But bloody good luck to them. I hope they don't lose their friends because of this windfall.

Doris Day isn't doing so well these days, according to an entirely credible American magazine I glanced at today.

Further 'research' informs me that the 87-year old was attacked by one of her cats at home recently... she's not having a lot of luck, it seems.

Maybe not. But bloody good luck to them. I hope they don't lose their friends because of this windfall.

I think they'll probably get a few more 'friends' due to the windfall!

Anyone remember a character on Neighbours called Mrs Mangel? Well the actress who played the part, Vivean Gray, is 87 years old today .Happy birthday to her,but will it be her last?

Anyone remember a character on Neighbours called Mrs Mangel? Well the actress who played the part, Vivean Gray, is 87 years old today .Happy birthday to her,but will it be her last?

Is she ill? Hospitalised? Got an incurable disease?

If being very old counts as an incurable disease?

If being very old counts as an incurable disease?

It's a small world... Her daughter used to cut my mum's hair...!