Sign in to follow this  
DevonDeathTrip

Gerry Rafferty

I wish there was some further news on Mr Rafferty. For some unfathomable reason I seem to be inordinately interested in Gezza's ongoing condition. Death's door or a comfortable middle and old age? Devon, come on man, help us out here - I've got some hot Fleetwood Mac goss, honest guv.

Rafferty is fine, I just saw him on that Youtube thing.

I wish there was some further news on Mr Rafferty. For some unfathomable reason I seem to be inordinately interested in Gezza's ongoing condition. Death's door or a comfortable middle and old age? Devon, come on man, help us out here - I've got some hot Fleetwood Mac goss, honest guv.

He (I think) was on The One Show (I think) some time this week, I remember flicking on the TV and caught the very very end of the piece. They were in Exeter cathedral and I'm afraid that's about all I can say (they mentioned Baker Street at least). For those more curious try looking it up on iplayer, it was definitely BBC1 as barring CNN it's the only English channel I can get.

He (I think) was on The One Show (I think) some time this week, I remember flicking on the TV and caught the very very end of the piece. They were in Exeter cathedral and I'm afraid that's about all I can say. For those more curious try looking it up on iplayer, it was definitely BBC1 as barring CNN it's the only English channel I can get.

It was a feature on Raphael Ravenscroft, the saxophonist on Baker Street, there was no mention of our missing hero's whereabouts.

He (I think) was on The One Show (I think) some time this week, I remember flicking on the TV and caught the very very end of the piece. They were in Exeter cathedral and I'm afraid that's about all I can say. For those more curious try looking it up on iplayer, it was definitely BBC1 as barring CNN it's the only English channel I can get.

It was a feature on Raphael Ravenscroft, the saxophonist on Baker Street, there was no mention of our missing hero's whereabouts.

Ok, I'm sorry for not paying attention keep up the good work.

He's got this dream about buying some land. He's going to give up the booze and the one night stands. And then he'll settle down, in a quiet little town

and forget about everything.

He's got this dream about buying some land. He's going to give up the booze and the one night stands. And then he'll settle down, in a quiet little town

and forget about everything.

On the flip side, I've got the feeling that something ain't right. I'm so scared in case he falls off his chair and I'm wondering how he'll get down the stairs.

Very chipper interview in the Mail On Sunday today, positive about new album, financial security (Baker St alone earns around £80k a year), and the use of creativity as therapy.

On the other hand......he did refuse treatment for 'liver problems' last year, suggesting he has them, and they are caused by his tendency to fall off a wagon.

He's a ticking Gazza stylee time-bomb, surely.

To the surprise of noone (ok, no one), it's a case of liver failure and life support for Gezza. I think the committee should take a chance on him for 2011 if he pulls through this time.

Great idea. Would love to get him.

:D

To the surprise of noone (ok, no one), it's a case of liver failure and life support for Gezza. I think the committee should take a chance on him for 2011 if he pulls through this time.

Great idea. Would love to get him.

A comic sans noone? There are laws in this town, mister.

Good chance for this to be first hit.

:birthday2: I knew I forgot to put somone on my DDP team for this year.

Going Right Down The Flatline

:shoot2: I knew I forgot to put somone on my DDP team for this year.

You and me both CC. But, you live and learn, unless you're Gerry Rafferty, obviously.

Dead

I didn't even know he was ill until I'd already entered my team, missed opportunity there, especially as most people seem to have him on their DDP...

Dead

I didn't even know he was ill until I'd already entered my team, missed opportunity there, especially as most people seem to have him on their DDP...

Beat me to it...

Looks like it's gonna be a good year for Deathlist! Now to wait for Zsa Zsa...

Dead

Beat me to it...

Looks like it's gonna be a good year for Deathlist! Now to wait for Zsa Zsa...

Well at least I found out about his illness in time for my shadowlist, but that's scant consolation! Ah well you live (or not) and learn.

As for Zsa Zsa she is on my DDP...I wouldn't wish death on most people, but you know...she's had a good innings...

Damn, he was one of my subs! And anyway, we have our 1st graduate from the deathlist class of 2011.

He had a dream about buying some land, then he went and bought the farm. Peace out Gez.

and we are off...

He had a dream about buying some land, then he went and bought the farm. Peace out Gez.

Was only thinking of Baker Street today an' all.

Mind you, Baker Street has been stuck somewhere in my head since I was 2 years old...and It'll never leave.

RIP Gerry

What a cracking start to DDP 2011 we have already. 3 deaths in 3 days!

Right, back to work...

I was kicking myself for missing him on the DDP, so I put him first on my NDP...every cloud and that!

I never picked him for anything :huh: ! I feel like a bum, humbled.

Oh well, plenty of time to catch up.

I never picked him for anything :huh: ! I feel like a bum, humbled.

Same here. But in my defense, I had never heard of him.