Paul Bearer

Fort William Football Club

1st round of of the Scottish Cup today and it was:

Fort William 2 - 2 Golspie Sutherland

That's three games unbeaten now, which, for Fort William, must be some sort of record.

• Like 1

Game against Forres was off today. I suppose we can say it wasn't another defeat. Unless they decided to play the replay against Golspie today.

Next round of the Scottish cup sees our beloved FWFC play against giants Huntly or Girvan, assuming we defeat Golspie.

Full 2nd round draw

1. Deveronvale or Inverurie Loco Works v Dalbeattie Star

2. Forres Mechanics v East Stirlingshire

3. Newton Stewart or Preston Athletic v Annan Athletic

4. Clyde v Berwick Rangers

5. Wigtown & Bladnoch v Buckie Thistle

6. Beith v Glasgow University

7. Rothes or Nairn County v Cove Rangers

8. Keith v Spartans

9. Stranraer v Fraserburgh or St. Cuthbert Wanderers

10. Bo'ness United v Queen's Park

11. Whitehill Welfare v Wick Academy

12. Golspie Sutherland or Fort William v Huntly or Girvan

13. Montrose v Arbroath

14. Edinburgh City v Threave Rovers

15. Albion Rovers v Sunnybank

16. Elgin City v Edinburgh University or Brora Rangers

Edited by heaven can wait
To add next round fixtures

Game against Forres was off today. I suppose we can say it wasn't another defeat. Unless they decided to play the replay against Golspie today.

Fort William did play the replay yesterday and they lost 2-3 :lol: . I'm sure this is only a temporary blip and they will be back to match winning ways before too long.

Losers or not, they're maintaining the happy habit of scoring in every game.

0-1 home defeat to Lossiemouth this weekend. Sad as it is to see the losses return, that's now FIVE games without a clear tanking. Unheard of, until now!

ilkvae.jpg

Back to losing ways, Huntly 3 FWFC 0.

Is that with a silent C ?

Thanks to the Scottish Cup 2nd Round our brave Highlanders are with out a game today.

Away at Turiff United next Saturday.

In other club news the Fort William FC Lotto is a rollover this week.

Prize is £300. :)

Thanks to the Scottish Cup 2nd Round our brave Highlanders are with out a game today.

Turriff eh. Thats not too far away from me.

If I had an interest in football I might have went...

Oh, Windsor. Someone might think you're trolling.

Anyway, it's not football. It's far more important than that, it's Fort William FC.

I think you should go and give us a full write up. It's not like you've got band practise to go to or anything.

If you don't have an interest, why on earth are you reading the thread?

Because at some point they may come to Fraserburgh. Even though I have no interest in football, I might put in the effort if they come to me.

Is that alright with you?

Because at some point they may come to Fraserburgh. Even though I have no interest in football, I might put in the effort if they come to me.

They played Fraserburgh on 14th August this year, and true to form, got humped 6-1. Next meeting will be on 18th December at home. At that time of year, you can almost guarantee the game will be postponed. There's always next season Windsor.

Of course its alright with me. Why wouldn't it be?

I was just confused as to why someone who professes no interest in football would be reading a football-based thread. :)

Of course its alright with me. Why wouldn't it be?

I was just confused as to why someone who professes no interest in football would be reading a football-based thread. :)

I'm not bothered about football either (although I do watch the big things like the Euros and World Cup) and I read the thread, just on the off-chance that there's an opportunity to make a completely predictable and not-very-funny men-and-their-balls gag ie 'oooooer missus he's put one in the box' or 'Rooney's slipped up the inside of Keegan' etc etc.

That 'change your life' offer of accompanying me and my sad mates to watch Carlisle still stands Lardy. The Blue Army World Domination Tour 2010-11 drops in at Swindon Town on 19 Feb next year, hasn't been our happiest hunting ground in recent years but we travel in hope. Once you've been exposed to that feast of athletic prowess and simmering crowd tension, you'll 'get' football, or summat.

That 'change your life' offer of accompanying me and my sad mates to watch Carlisle still stands Lardy. The Blue Army World Domination Tour 2010-11 drops in at Swindon Town on 19 Feb next year, hasn't been our happiest hunting ground in recent years but we travel in hope. Once you've been exposed to that feast of athletic prowess and simmering crowd tension, you'll 'get' football, or summat.

You might regret reminding me of that Mary, as I might just take you up on it! Are the pies any good at Swindon?

Swindon pies are disappointing and one of our gang missed a goodly chunk of the second period of one game waiting for the catering staff to warm up his vegetarian pastie. Myself and my fellow gourmet Rob tend to avail ourselves of the delights on offer at a kebab shop near the favoured CUFC pub.

Oh aye, Fort William; reduced to a reserve keeper and two teenagers in the starting line up their 6-0 demolition at Turriff was - in the circumstances - probably something of a let off.

I think they should play Chelsea in a pre-season friendly next year!

Little consolation but at least Fort William scored one in their 8-1 defeat against Wick Academy, eh Aberdeen?

No games since 20th November 2010. I hope it doesn't affect their form when they start playing again.

Fort William 3 - 4 Forres Mechanics on Saturday 29th January 2011 :o Looks like we are improving.

Aye, there are three teams floundering at the bottom with FW bottom of the lot but capable of climbing off the bottom if they win a game in hand. Goal difference wise they are desperate so it's gonna come down to the points total in their case I think. It would be awesome if they could finish above bottom for once.

League Table makes it obvious that miracles are likely to be in short supply this month.

Huntly - Cove - Forres and Turriff on the schedule. It's those six pointers between the bottom three we need to get worked up about.

• Like 1