football_fan

Ideas And Possibilities For 2011

A new year, a new Ideas and possibilities topic. :(

Regards,

FF

Charles Rangel---------born on June 11 of 1930 this rapidly aging bag of wind is a Democratic Congressman out of New York's 15th district. He has been under continued investigation for ethical violations and recently has shed a lot of weight for no known reason and looks ill. With the recent death of his one time cohort Percy Sutton (mentioned in croaked in '09)) his time may soon be up.

Russell Peterson former governor of Delaware, born in 1916

Louis Haris responsible for the Harris Polls, born in 1921

Rhonda Fleming born in 1923 and rapidly aging.

along with Fleming is Norman Lloyd born in 1914 he and Fleming are 2 of the last liiving from the Hitchcock film Spellbound

Roger McGuinn and his twelve string guitar, he was born in 1942 and as you know to everything Turn, Turn Turn----said it himself there's a time to live and a time to die.

Clive Swift and Patricia Routledge born in 1936 and 1929 respectively. No matter how you pronounce their name on Keeping up Appearances it was spelled B-U-C-K-E-T and isn't about time they both kicked it?

Speaking of Clives. I arrive at Clive Owen born in 1964 but he looks dead already.

All remaining Beatles----------I just want the madness to stop

I will add more as I think of them.

Senator John Kerry's wife, Teresa Heinz was diagnosed with breast cancer this month.

Charles Rangel---------born on June 11 of 1930 this rapidly aging bag of wind is a Democratic Congressman out of New York's 15th district. He has been under continued investigation for ethical violations and recently has shed a lot of weight for no known reason and looks ill. With the recent death of his one time cohort Percy Sutton (mentioned in croaked in '09)) his time may soon be up.

along with Fleming is Norman Lloyd born in 1914 he and Fleming are 2 of the last liiving from the Hitchcock film Spellbound

Roger McGuinn and his twelve string guitar, he was born in 1942 and as you know to everything Turn, Turn Turn----said it himself there's a time to live and a time to die.

Clive Swift and Patricia Routledge born in 1936 and 1929 respectively. No matter how you pronounce their name on Keeping up Appearances it was spelled B-U-C-K-E-T and isn't about time they both kicked it?

Speaking of Clives. I arrive at Clive Owen born in 1964 but he looks dead already.

I bet one Rolling Stone or one Beatles will die in 2011.. I hope I'm wrong but as some 2009 deaves weren't expected at all (ex: MJ of course), we should expect any things.

I feel 2011 will be a bad year for cinema, don't tell me why, I can't explain it....

Former American footballer Merlin Olsen is suffering from incurable mesothelioma.

Back to the grindstone eh, DDT?

I bet one Rolling Stone or one Beatles will die in 2011.. I hope I'm wrong but as some 2009 deaves weren't expected at all (ex: MJ of course), we should expect any things.

I feel 2011 will be a bad year for cinema, don't tell me why, I can't explain it....

:mellow: I expected MJ to die, he was on my list. :)

2009 didn't have too many major losses in the film industry. Probably the biggest names in the film industry to have passed away in 2009 were ... you guessed it, Patrick Swayze and John Hughes with honorable mentions going to Brittany Murphy and Karl Malden (distinguished old school Hollywood character actor). Farrah was more well known for her TV work (her filmography was sporadic at best) and MJ only did the occassional movie.

2008 incurred heavy losses in the film industry with the deaths of Paul Newman, Charlton Heston, Sydney Pollack, and Heath Ledger.

Wither 2011? It's looking too far forward for me, but I expect that Elizabeth Taylor, Kirk Douglas, and James Garner will have all died by 2011 if not in 2010.

Guest VAR

Hello from Russia,

After the string of sudden deaths of well-known politicians and media personalities in 2009 we have to think about the health of a number of prominent Russian artists who were hospitalized in final months of the year or are known to be in a critical condition: singers Irina Arhipova and Yury Antonov, director Tatyana Lioznova, actors Armen Dzhigarhanyan, Lev Durov and Mikhail Kozakov. As almost all of them are in advanced age, their health in a greater risk. Hope they all will meet 2011.

Hello from Russia,

After the string of sudden deaths of well-known politicians and media personalities in 2009 we have to think about the health of a number of prominent Russian artists who were hospitalized in final months of the year or are known to be in a critical condition: singers Irina Arhipova and Yury Antonov, director Tatyana Lioznova, actors Armen Dzhigarhanyan, Lev Durov and Mikhail Kozakov. As almost all of them are in advanced age, their health in a greater risk. Hope they all will meet 2011.

Sadly Russians don't tend to do that well for obituaries in the UK media though, unless the deceased in question matches the stereo typical view of Russia, ballet dancers, politicians and anyone killed by the mafia tend to get mentioned but actors and singers don't do that well.

Former American footballer Merlin Olsen is suffering from incurable mesothelioma.

Back to the grindstone eh, DDT?

Hope you have the same touch. I have Merlin on some lists. Wasn't sure of UK obit.

2009 didn't have too many major losses in the film industry. Probably the biggest names in the film industry to have passed away in 2009 were ... you guessed it, Patrick Swayze and John Hughes with honorable mentions going to Brittany Murphy and Karl Malden (distinguished old school Hollywood character actor). Farrah was more well known for her TV work (her filmography was sporadic at best) and MJ only did the occassional movie.

2008 incurred heavy losses in the film industry with the deaths of Paul Newman, Charlton Heston, Sydney Pollack, and Heath Ledger.

Wither 2011? It's looking too far forward for me, but I expect that Elizabeth Taylor, Kirk Douglas, and James Garner will have all died by 2011 if not in 2010.

I'd Expect Hevy Losses This Year in the Film Industry:

Here are My Top Ten

1.Kirk Douglas

2.Norman Wisdom

3.Dennis Hopper

4.Peter Falk

5.Jerry Lewis

6.Micheal Gough

7.Barbra Kent

8.James Garner

9.Tony Curtis

10.Dino DeLaurentis

Trust me I Bet Half of these will be gone by Christmas

Totally agree with you, 2008 and 2009 were bad years for film industry... unexpected deaves in addition (I was shocked by at least 5 deaves in 2 years!!). I feel 2010 will be a funest year for politics (I expect Fidel Castro, Valery Giscard d'Estaing and Ariel Sharon -first on my list-, Mrs thatcher to die) and royalty (maybe queen elisabeth II, her husband for UK, King Juan Carlos for Spain), I think 2011 will be the year of musicians' deaves and actors'.

Guest VAR
Hello from Russia,

Sadly Russians don't tend to do that well for obituaries in the UK media though, unless the deceased in question matches the stereo typical view of Russia, ballet dancers, politicians and anyone killed by the mafia tend to get mentioned but actors and singers don't do that well.

It looks natural that country's media focuses mostly on national celebrities and picks up news about well-known only foreign personalities. And it looks natural too these personalities are mostly politicians. Even prominent actors are vaguely known abroad as well as films they played in. So they are important for domestic media only. Sometimes it provide too detailed coverage of their private life and health conditions, although it seems to me any real actor desires to be in the media focus even on the deathbed. And spectators want it :)

Original Madtv cast member Artie Lange has been hospitalized. There's also a photo gallery of 35 celebrity health scares underneath his article.

It appears Sylvester Stallone broke his neck while shooting The Expendables. An admirable effort, but I think he can do better.

regards,

Hein

Northern Ireland's First Minister Peter Robinson was seen sobbing today about how his wife low-life good-for-nothing hypocritical "Christian" wife Iris tried to commit suicide after he discovered she was having an affair with an Ulster businessman. Jesus wept. <_<

After the public backlash against her controversial comments in 2009 and her subsequent depression, could we see her having another jab at it? Perhaps... we hope....

Not that many ppl will care but here is my list for 2010....have been moving house, thus the delay.

Nancy Reagan - (time to join Ronnie)

Gloria Stuart

Annette Funicello - (has been fighting MS for so long)

Prince Phillip

Nelson Mandela

Gough Whitlam - (former Australian Prime Minister)

Kitty Wells - (U.S. country singer - a legend)

Rod McKuen

Margaret Thatcher

Barbara Billingsley - (the mother in Leave it to Beaver)

Pele

Muhammad Ali

Ariel Sharon

Rush Limbaugh - (wishful thinking maybe.....)

Sir Richard Attenborough

Barbara Walters

Doris Day - (hope I am wrong here...love this woman)

Sidney Poitier

Charlie Sheen

Doug Walters - (Australian cricketer - has been a smoker for years)

Original Madtv cast member Artie Lange has been hospitalized. There's also a photo gallery of 35 celebrity health scares underneath his article.

Let me emphasize Artie Lange. The reason he was hospitalized was revealed to be a suicide attempt by stabbing.

Guest Paul Simon

Mrs Robinson?

She deserves her own song:

And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson

Jesus loves you more than you will know (Wo, wo, wo)

God bless you please, Mrs. Robinson

Heaven holds a place for those who pray

(Hey, hey, hey...hey, hey, hey)

We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files

We'd like to help you learn to help yourself

Look around you, all you see are sympathetic eyes

Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home

And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson

Hide it in a hiding place where no one ever goes

Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes

It's a little secret, just the Robinsons' affair

Most of all, you've got to hide it from the kids

Coo, coo, ca-choo, Mrs Robinson

Sitting on a sofa on a Sunday afternoon

Going to the candidates debate

Laugh about it, shout about it

When you've got to choose

Ev'ry way you look at it, you lose

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio

A nation turns it's lonely eyes to you (Woo, woo, woo)

What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson

Joltin' Joe has left and gone away

If Bill Oddie stayed in touch with the plot last year it was probably by digging his garden. Expect his sanity to require effort and medication from now on, both of which could prove to be too little to maintain it.

Historian Tony Judt is in the advanced stages of Lou Gehrig's disease.