Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Odd video but this is that legendary Fischer song.

Awesome!

Thanks, mpfc, I hadn't heard it in quite a while.

Big Brother and the Holding Company guitarist James Gurley has died at the age of 70. According to his Wikipedia page:

As a boy he sometimes worked with his father who was a stunt car driver. Occasionally this work entailed performing as a human hood ornament with a helmet as his father sped through a flaming plywood wall.

He also enjoyed a brief affair with Janis Joplin and at one point was charged with the murder of his wife, after administering her with a lethal shot of heroin.

Kim Peek, the inspiration for the movie 'Rainman' has died of a heart attack, aged 58.

Connie Hines has died aged 79

She played Wilbur Post's wife Carol in "Mister Ed". "Wilbur" himself is still with us. Alan Young (born in North Shields, and also the voice of "Scrooge McDuck) has just turned 90.

Sir Bob Phillis, media bigwig, has died at age 64, after suffering from bone-marrow cancer.

It appears that Tibetan politician Ngapoi Ngawang Jigme, whom I'd never heard, has died, two months short of 100 years old. I don't think this'll cheer up (or ruin) any death pooler's day.

regards,

Hein

Sir Bob Phillis, media bigwig, has died at age 64, after suffering from bone-marrow cancer.

I didn't know Bob, but I knew his brother Sy.

Yitzhak Aharonovitz, skipper of Jewish immigrant ship 'Exodus', inspiration for the novel by Leon Uris and the 1960 film with Paul Newman, died, aged 86. The book is one of my all time favourites, an epic story about the early stages of the state of Israel.

Boxing manager Terry Lawless has died aged 76.

He "guided four boxers to world titles – John H Stracey, Maurice Hope, Jim Watt and Charlie Magri. He also managed Joe Calzaghe early in his career, and was best known for steering Frank Bruno to a world title challenge against Mike Tyson"

Ann Nixon Cooper, the 106-year-old lady mentioned by Barack Obama in his victory speech, and - even more important - my proposed DDP-joker - has died last monday.

My first year on the DDP and time is running out for my final selection!

The BBC's first TV weather presenter George Cowling died Christmas eve, aged 89.

The BBC's first TV weather presenter George Cowling died Christmas eve, aged 89.

Damn you. I was about to post that link as part of my New Year's Resolution to try and post much more deep, meaningful and informative posts on DL. I don't know why I bother..... :(

Damn you. I was about to post that link as part of my New Year's Resolution to try and post much more deep, meaningful and informative posts on DL. I don't know why I bother..... :lol:

Sorry :( but then again, its not new year yet.

South African poet and anti-apartheid campaigner Dennis Brutus who was instrumental in getting South Africa banned from the Olympics, has died at the age of 85. He was imprisoned on Robben Island for 18 months in 1963.

Yves Rocher founder of the French cosmetics group that bore his name has died aged 79.

Percy Ellis Sutton one time Borough President and lawyer of the late Malcolm X and his daughter and others has died of unknown causes but possibly too much egg nog and not enough brioche.

Percy Sledge's distant unrelated relative has died. Percy Ellis Sutton media honcho and attorney for the Malcolm X has attended his last Democratic National Wool-Over-The-Eyes-Pull Festival. Sutton was 89 and should have been on this year's list as he was clearly a candidate for croakdom due to his advanced age.

Sutton had the distinguishment of being a borough President for the borouugh ((which is also mostly an island0 of Manhattan in New York City. New York County comprised of /Manhattan Island and Roosevelt/;Welfare Island and Governors and Bedloe/Liberty Island arewhat is said to be the smallest land mass county in the United States. Other counties are all larger in size but not necessarily in population or pollution. Sutton was none too bright in 1977 when he ran for mayor of New York competing against Eddie Koch (who won) Abe Beame (then the incumbent) and Mario Cuomo (not related to Mario Proccocino who had failed in a Mayoral bid a few years earlie, and Cuomo was able to then become Governor of New York the State for 12 years which seemed like 20).

Sutton was predeceased by his parents Lillian and Samuel (Sutton, not Gompers or Jackson)

He was the last of 15 children born in the Texas rose town of San Antonio born a Sagitarius on November 24 of 1920 a good several years before the Great Depression. Only 12 of the aforementioned children lived to being adults and they all went to college.

At any time he went into the Armed Forces and became a Tuskegee Airman a rather well known group of men who were of African heritage and did a great amount of helping the Allied cause in WW2.

It is unclear the exact cause of his death but former New York Viceroy David Dinkins may have been responsible. Dinkins has been quoted as saying "I stood on the shoulders of Percy Sutton" which may have proved too great a weight.

He is said to be surrvived by his long time wife of more than 60 years a woman named Leattrice (who once either did divorce or filed for divorce) and he had at least 2 children Pierre and Cheryl Lynn, the latter of which when contacted declined comment as she wept quite loudly, "Daddy's dead, that's what I said. Everybody misused him, kicked around and abused him." She stopped upon realizing that she was singing a song about some guy named Freddy who is also dead.

Sutton Dead, Ben Kingsley to portray him in film

Arthur McIntyre

England's oldest surviving test cricketer* has died at the age of 91. He kept wicket in the Surrey side that won seven straight County Championships between 1952 and 1958. Despite that he only played 3 tests, mainly due to the presence of Godfrey Evans plus many other fine keepers in county cricket at the time. He later became Surrey's coach.

* Update: Alec Bedser takes over the mantle.

Former Tunisian Minister of Foreign Affairs Habib Bourguiba Jr. carked it yesterday.

regards,

Hein

Former Wimbledon manager Allen Batsford has died aged 77.

He was their manager during the 70's when they had their great FA Cup run, holding (at the time) mighty Leeds, and was also manager when they were elected to the footbal league.

When Wimbledon decamped and moved to MK, he became involved with AFC Wimbledon.

Guest V!nc3nt

okay the drummer for avenged sevenfold dyed monday December 29th just another one to add :rolleyes:

okay the drummer for avenged sevenfold dyed monday December 29th just another one to add :rolleyes:

What colour did he dye?

What colour did he dye?

Well, he was from Orange County. Draw your own conclusion.

Link

okay the drummer for avenged sevenfold dyed monday December 29th just another one to add :(
What colour did he dye?
Well, he was from Orange County. Draw your own conclusion.

Link

One question remains: why would one anyone want to dye a monday, in whatever colour?

regards,

Hein