Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

My top five for 2009

Murray Walker

Sterling Moss

Bruce Forsyth (because if he says 'I am not doddery, doddery I am not' just one more time I'LL kill him).

OJ Simpson (somebody is bound to have a pop at him in prison).

Dick Van Dyke

Falk is an interesting choice and one I will consider for my death pool. I need a couple more names, especially now that Bettie Page and Forrest J. Ackerman are officially dead.

Were they unofficially dead, then? And who made them official? :mellow:

Falk is an interesting choice and one I will consider for my death pool. I need a couple more names, especially now that Bettie Page and Forrest J. Ackerman are officially dead.

Celebrities can be unofficially dead, e.g. Steve Fossett.

Celebrities are not officially dead until they get their death certificate.

Celebrities can be unofficially dead, e.g. Steve Fossett.

Celebrities are not officially dead until they get their death certificate.

I rest my case.

Someone has posted this on another forum:

FLORENCE - ITALY(Reuters) - Iconic Italian baritone Alfonso Antoniozzi

is in end stage Pancreatic cancer and only has 3 or 4 weeks left to

live, his publicist said Tuesday.

Antoniozzi regularly received critical acclaim for his fluency, smooth

legato, clear diction and his ability to convey a good sense of

characterisation to his roles.

I can't find any links in English to verify the claim and I don't know how famous Alfonso Antoniozzi is anyway. Can our resident opera expert(s?) shed any light on the situation. I need to know.

Someone has posted this on another forum:

FLORENCE - ITALY(Reuters) - Iconic Italian baritone Alfonso Antoniozzi

is in end stage Pancreatic cancer and only has 3 or 4 weeks left to

live, his publicist said Tuesday.

Antoniozzi regularly received critical acclaim for his fluency, smooth

legato, clear diction and his ability to convey a good sense of

characterisation to his roles.

I can't find any links in English to verify the claim and I don't know how famous Alfonso Antoniozzi is anyway. Can our resident opera expert(s?) shed any light on the situation. I need to know.

Which one? Opera forum? :angry:

How about Carl Reiner, who will be 87 in March? His wife Estelle died in October.

How about Carl Reiner, who will be 87 in March? His wife Estelle died in October.

Carl Reiner has a thread here. It's one of my ancient posts. I wouldn't mind Reiner at the bottom of the list.

Anyway, Alfonso Antoniozzi has a Wikipedia entry. I don't know if he is famous enough or not but the lack of coverage surrounding his possible illness should answer the fame question. Unless of course he manages to die and scrap up the obituary which is a gamblers game.

Crime writer Dominick Dunne, 82, is suffering from bladder cancer and has been hospitalised after "experiencing pain" while covering OJ Simpson's trial for robbery.

According to this, Dunne, now 83, is rejecting chemo for his cancer. <_<

Merle Haggard has had a tumour removed from his lung

Merle Haggard will be at a concert in January. Quite the accomplishment, less than two months after lung cancer surgery... will be interesting to see if it happens...

Torquay United defender and former Exeter City captain Chris Todd, 27, has been diagnosed with leukeamia.

Chris Todd is looking better.

Yes, I know I'm posting a lot and yes, I know, theoretically I could combine these into one mega post. But I barely posted at all over the last few months and all these posts are relevant to upcoming deadpools, so I think we'll all survive.

Samak Sundaravej, the former Prime Minister of Thailand, is thought to be suffering from liver cancer.

He claims that he will be fine, but I'll keep him on the I&P list anyhow.

I agree with most of the above but Samak Sundaravej has liver cancer which is generally known to have a very poor prognosis. They say that he had it removed while undergoing laser surgery but since he is still undergoing treatment I wouldn't doubt that he'll be dead next year. I just don't really have the room for him.

but Samak Sundaravej has liver cancer which is generally known to have a very poor prognosis. They say that he had it removed while undergoing laser surgery

He must be pretty robust if he can persist without a liver. <_<

He must be pretty robust if he can persist without a liver. <_<

I used "it" because all the other words used to describe what has been removed is just disgusting.

Will Ribeiro, a WEC bantamweight, is currently in a coma and "fighting for his life" after being in a motorcycle accident earlier today. They are saying that he has a 50-50 shot of coming out of it but his fame situation is very weary to me. A source from his Wikipedia page claims that he is the 7th best Bantamweight fighter in the world.

I used "it" because all the other words used to describe what has been removed is just disgusting.

ie the Liver. (damn, I mentioned "it"). <_<

No suggestion that his health is failing, but maybe worth keeping the prolific actor Michael Medwin, b 1923, on our radar - doesn't seem to have had a mention on here before. In fact he's still quite active, having made the obligatory appearance in "Heartbeat" this year.

For some reason, Wikipedia has him born 1929, but I'm going with IMDB on this one.

Had a chat with a TV type last night (not the dress-wearing kind, more's the shame)

Apparently 3 old duffers, 2 of whom have been mentioned at length on these pages, are going on an expedition to the Antarctic. May have a DDP punt on the 3rd of the party, as he's not getting any younger and doesn't have the same experience of such harsh conditions.

Had a chat with a TV type last night (not the dress-wearing kind, more's the shame)

Apparently 3 old duffers, 2 of whom have been mentioned at length on these pages, are going on an expedition to the Antarctic. May have a DDP punt on the 3rd of the party, as he's not getting any younger and doesn't have the same experience of such harsh conditions.

ATJ, any chance you could - like - name names? Not Brucie, is it?

I think Sir Sean Connery is a strong candidate for inclusion on the 2009 list.

OK.

Robin Knox-Johnson and Sir Ranulph Fiennes are the two with the skills to beat the chills. The third is hopefully a unique DDP pick for me when vital bits of him start turning black and dropping off.

Cliff Mitchelmore, perchance? Patrick Moore, Ronnie Biggs?

You're not saying, right?

OK.

Robin Knox-Johnson and Sir Ranulph Fiennes are the two with the skills to beat the chills. The third is hopefully a unique DDP pick for me when vital bits of him start turning black and dropping off.

Ah, yes.

Having seen the pick in Anubis' entered team, I can concur that thus far said male is uniquely chosen and secondly, understand Anubis' rationale for picking said pick.

Sorry, MPFC, I'm not telling either, but I think it's an excellent pick if said chap goes ahead with the trip.