Grim Reaper

Bo Diddley

I was checking on his health only yesterday, and found nothing particulary wrong, so it just goes to show that research often doesn't make a difference & how random it is.

Reports seem to say he had a stroke a few days ago - but then maybe with the Ariel Sharon situation that counts as "nothing particulary wrong" these days :D

Noticed an error, it says "2 June 2006" on the heading. I think you mean 2008. :banghead:

Interested to see that Bo is in your 50. In mine too, so I guess my sticking with him on stant info was not too wide of the mark?

I've found my clown feet yesterday, I looked on the bottom and it says YSL!

I'm more surprised Bo was on the DL then I am to hear he had died. I was checking on his health only yesterday, and found nothing particulary wrong, so it just goes to show that research often doesn't make a difference & how random it is.

I thought he was long dead. I'm both shocked and saddened by the news.

OoO, I was checking on his health yesterday and it said he was dead :D

Within the span of under two weeks, there have been five celebrities I have heard of who have died.

Dick Martin, Sydney Pollack, Harvey Korman, Yves Saint Laurent, and Bo Diddley.

Impressive.

But then again, it always seems to be the trend nowadays. Literally weeks go by with no famous people dead, then within a week or two, a deluge of famous folks die.

So my hunch is that there will be a long dry spell before the next truly famous person dies (my prediction is that that will occur sometime in early to mid July).

What momentum..... Yes, I agree though, I think that we'll get into July before another hit. I also feel fairly confident that we should be able to amass 14/15 hits this year.

January 2008 started off on a slow note during the first half of the month, but during the second half, January was hit with a deluge of deaths (Bobby Fischer, Heath Ledger, Brad Renfro, Suzanne Pleshette, Suharto, etc.)

Feburary 2008 was a verrrrrrry slow month (Roy Scheider was the only really famous person to die that month)

March 2008 started off with a slight bang (the passing of Jeff Healey and Gary Gygax) but by mid-March, things were really picking up (the deaths of Anthony Minghella, Arthur C. Clarke, Richard Widmark, Paul Scofield, etc.)

April 2008 was notable only because Charlton Heston died. Otherwise, a fairly slow month.

May 2008 started off interesting (the suicide of the DC Madam) but it looked like May was gonna be another slow month (think of this way, you know that things are really lame when the most famous person to have died in the first few weeks of May was John Phillip Law).

By late May 2008 to now (June 3, 2008), things picked up with a bang. Dick Martin, Sydney Pollack, Harvey Korman, Yves Saint Laurent, and Bo Diddley.

So whither June 2008? My hunch is that it's gonna be another slow month. A few celebrities will tease us by going to the hospital on the basis of some "mild but serious" medical condition, but they will be a-OK (good for them, not so much for us). But otherwise, despite a few "scares," I don't anticipate that many, if any, famous deaths this month (other than Bo Diddley). We shall see....

**Disclaimer: whom I consider "famous" is strictly my opinion only. Being that I am in my mid-20s only, a lot of people whom older folks would consider "famous" are fairly unknown to me (e.g. Edmund Hillary, Albert Hoffman, Francis Pym, etc.). I also realize that I am a US citizen and most of you are British, so again, my opinions of who's "famous" will differ slightly or greatly from you guys. Also, because I am a huge entertainment buff, I take the deaths of actors and musicians more seriously than other people (e.g. scientists, businesspeople, etc.) unless that person is very significant and well known in his field.

I take it he didn't wake up this morning then.

Guest kingronnie

I think you'll find that was B B King. Good try though!

I think you'll find that was B B King. Good try though!

I thought it was the law that every blues song ever written by anyone had to include the lyric 'woke up this morning'?

This completes a unique double for the Deathlist...Bo Diddley and Bo Dudley!

Within the span of under two weeks, there have been five celebrities I have heard of who have died.

Dick Martin, Sydney Pollack, Harvey Korman, Yves Saint Laurent, and Bo Diddley.

Impressive.

But then again, it always seems to be the trend nowadays. Literally weeks go by with no famous people dead, then within a week or two, a deluge of famous folks die.

So my hunch is that there will be a long dry spell before the next truly famous person dies (my prediction is that that will occur sometime in early to mid July).

A long dry spell of appox 5 week then.

Phew a drought....

Guest kaleywheel

Well, Tim Russert and George Carlin have both died before July, but unfortunately for you guys, they weren't on the list.

I enjoy this site. What's that say about me?!?

Well, Tim Russert and George Carlin have both died before July, but unfortunately for you guys, they weren't on the list.

I enjoy this site. What's that say about me?!?

It says you're as morbid as the rest of us <_<

Guest Guest_misswhisp_*

I met Bo didley 24 years ago when i was very young at one of his gigs brilliant musician, shame he died but at 79, well....

I met Bo didley 24 years ago when i was very young at one of his gigs brilliant musician, shame he died but at 79, well....

...... well what?

Not very well, I wouldn't have thought.

...... well what?

Not very well, I wouldn't have thought.

...... well what?

I'd say the well has run dry.

It's been 10 and a bit years since Bo Diddley's heartstrings broke on 2nd June 2008, aged 79.