Deathwatch Beetle

Bhumibol Adulyadej

This fella is hanging by the skin of his teeth and has been for years, I doubt he will be included in next years list as most peeps don't know him but I live in Thailand and he can't last much longer he's got every illness under the sun. Please don't tell anyone my name or they will come for me in the middle of the night and ship me off to the Bangkok Hilton for etnerity!

• Like 1

This fella is hanging by the skin of his teeth and has been for years, I doubt he will be included in next years list as most peeps don't know him but I live in Thailand and he can't last much longer he's got every illness under the sun. Please don't tell anyone my name or they will come for me in the middle of the night and ship me off to the Bangkok Hilton for etnerity!

King Bumboil's famous enough for the DL and he's worthy of a thread, DWB2. It'd help if the thread wasn't called A New One for 2009, though - even those of us with good memories and searching abilities are unlikely to be able to find it.

Title changed - LG

Edited by Lady Grendel

I've heard that walking down Sukhumvit with a big sign saying "The King is a paedophile" is a good way to start the evening in Bangkok. Well he must be taking pictures of something with that camera he's always holding.

Old Bummy hits rock bottom...

Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn went on national radio to inform Thais that his father, King Bhumibol Adulyadej, was unable to deliver the speech "because he was a little sick."

Immediately afterward, his sister, Princess Sirindorn, addressed the nation to say the king was "eating fine" on Wednesday but has a "lot of phlegm."

Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn went on national radio to inform Thais that his father, King Bhumibol Adulyadej, was unable to deliver the speech "because he was a little sick."

Immediately afterward, his sister, Princess Sirindorn, addressed the nation to say the king was "eating fine" on Wednesday but has a "lot of phlegm."

Is that some kind of local delicacy? :unsure:

Yes, and thank-you for bringing up a nightmare I had managed to supress for over 20 years! The year was 1987, the place was somewhere in Thailand, the offending object a coconut flavoured (potentially) ice cream with what could only be described as fluorescent green snot topping. With the dropping cutlery technique into the lake below the pontoon already used up as a cunning tactic to avoid the main course (ok, not that cunning but in my defence I was 9), I had no other option but to swallow.

Banshees, I think I might be in need of the number of your therapist.

Yes, and thank-you for bringing up a nightmare I had managed to supress for over 20 years! The year was 1987, the place was somewhere in Thailand, the offending object a coconut flavoured (potentially) ice cream with what could only be described as fluorescent green snot topping. With the dropping cutlery technique into the lake below the pontoon already used up as a cunning tactic to avoid the main course (ok, not that cunning but in my defence I was 9), I had no other option but to swallow.

Banshees, I think I might be in need of the number of your therapist.

I bet you say that to all the boys :D I know I do.

I'm not involved with the therapist anymore but it was an experience for the time being. The first two or three conversations explored how I visioned the world and what my goals were. After that, I began discussing other patients and how to deal with them and so on. I eventually started to interview my therapist and that's when I knew I was finished. Anyway, it's very rejuvenating. You should try it! It's not what you think it is. .

On Bhumibol Adulyadej, I would consider him a decent gamble for DDP. I do think he is a little obscure for the big list.

I predict he'll be run over by a Boeing 737 while staging a sit-in protest at the new airport.

Guest saudiroyalflush

Obscure?

No more obscure than Suharto. This man is the longest-serving monarch in the world (61 years), and worth over $35bil, is the wealthiest monarch in the world. His death would devastate the country and its people. I'm not looking forward to it.

I'm not involved with the therapist anymore but it was an experience for the time being. The first two or three conversations explored how I visioned the world and what my goals were. After that, I began discussing other patients and how to deal with them and so on. I eventually started to interview my therapist and that's when I knew I was finished. Anyway, it's very rejuvenating. You should try it! It's not what you think it is. .

On Bhumibol Adulyadej, I would consider him a decent gamble for DDP. I do think he is a little obscure for the big list.

I would suggest he's slightly less obscure than Ruby Mohammed.

Although, granted, very few people asked at random would be able to say what his name is, other than "King".

His Majesty is in hospital suffering from "fever and fatigue."

Great news, his majesty is also on my DDP team suffering from a surfiet of being alive.

His Majesty is in hospital suffering from "fever and fatigue."

Great news, his majesty is also on my DDP team suffering from a surfiet of being alive.

Good news for the Queen as well. If this bugger dies she becomes the longest reigning living (proper) monarch in the world.

It will probably be good for the people of Thailand too.

The King has no fever and is now eating again...thats Thai for 'the King has recovered'.

Looks like the Queen will have to wait a bit longer before she overtakes Bhumibol. :banghead:

At least now she knows how Charles feels. :P

This thread could damage your health. Hopefully Deathwatch Beetle isn't Teeranun Wipuchanin or Katha Pajariyapong.

This thread could damage your health. Hopefully Deathwatch Beetle isn't Teeranun Wipuchanin or Katha Pajariyapong.

Na - I think we are safe. The weedy little bastard is obvously faking it.

An interesting sentence in that article:

One of them was charged with spreading false information through a computer that undermined national security.

I want one of those computers!

regards,

Hein

Bhumibol Adulyadej's Queen consort was hospitalised earlier this month due to a 'heart scare'.

Perhaps a joint Royal funeral is on the cards?

Guest Guest

I think that we should have put Norodom Sihanouk (who died today) too.

I think that we should have put Norodom Sihanouk (who died today) too.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing