Phantom

Jesse Helms

Bugger, some big hitters have him on the DDP. That's a six pointer to They're Dead Y'know. It's getting tight.

Bugger, some big hitters have him on the DDP. That's a six pointer to They're Dead Y'know. It's getting tight.

It means a lot to you, doesn't it? :skull:

You'll be on top once low hanging fruit Randy Pausch dies. I'm not sure I've got the strength and depth in my team to stay in front for much longer, I've had to rely on youth to get where I am anyway. Mind you, I've been at number one for longer than Bohemian Rhapsody.

You'll be on top once low hanging fruit Randy Pausch dies. I'm not sure I've got the strength and depth in my team to stay in front for much longer, I've had to rely on youth to get where I am anyway. Mind you, I've been at number one for longer than Bohemian Rhapsody.

Naah, never look hardly, :lol: couldn't give a monkey's, only threw the team together last minute. Funnily enough I just had a look at Pausch on Wikipedia (just in passing, like) and he looked terrible in the picture, until I realised I was looking at Sting. I think he might make it through the year (that's Pausch) and hope he does. I think my team has run out of steam for the second half.

So you've been checking my team out hey? :unsure:

Naah, never look hardly, :lol: couldn't give a monkey's, only threw the team together last minute. Funnily enough I just had a look at Pausch on Wikipedia (just in passing, like) and he looked terrible in the picture, until I realised I was looking at Sting. I think he might make it through the year (that's Pausch) and hope he does. I think my team has run out of steam for the second half.

So you've been checking my team out hey? :unsure:

I might as well join the conversation...

We all don't have much left after our respective blistering starts. I was thinking the other day of how many more from my list might die and thought that either Helms or Getty would go. So I'm glad one of them did...Nice to get one in the summer!

Guest Guest

dead.

BBC link.

I reckon the rest of this year's list are filling their collective trousers now. There'll be a stupendous stack o' stiffs to toast come Novemeber 1st.

Good job, DeathList! Something that I like about this year thus far is that only 2 of the 10 hits were on last year's list(Suharto, Hofmann) and 5 of the hits have never been on a previous list before(Pym, Widmark, Pollack, Diddley, and Helms).

We all don't have much left after our respective blistering starts. I was thinking the other day of how many more from my list might die and thought that either Helms or Getty would go. So I'm glad one of them did...Nice to get one in the summer!

I'm getting a little worried.

I'm doing better (Helms is my 7th hit) than the organiser of the Dead Pool "ought" to be doing, according to the unwritten rules of DDP etiquette. :skull:

Considering Plews is due to die this year, and Edwin Morgan & John Hermon are VERY ill, I'm almost embarassed to get too many more hits.

Not this time, however. Helms was.. ahem.. not my most favourite person.

I'm getting a little worried.

I'm doing better (Helms is my 7th hit) than the organiser of the Dead Pool "ought" to be doing, according to the unwritten rules of DDP etiquette. :skull:

Considering Plews is due to die this year, and Edwin Morgan & John Hermon are VERY ill, I'm almost embarassed to get too many more hits.

Not this time, however. Helms was.. ahem.. not my most favourite person.

Still, he died on 4th July which shows what a patriot he was...:unsure:

Guest D. Boulware

HE'S DEAD!!!!!!! ALLLLLRIGHT!!! :blink:

Guest very angry anth

And to the Hell you truly deserve....

Good old Jesse...he provided me with some choice quotes for my thesis on censorship years ago. However, he far outlived his usefulness. By about 86 years.

I hadn't even been aware that he was on the list. Well done DL!

Looks like MC Hawking is going to need a new single sometime soon...

Oh yes, another red name on my list.

Guest El Grego

Jesse Helms was a good man.

He got things done.

He said what he meant.

He meant what he said.

...Yes, often too far to the right but had to counteract the left-wing loons to ensure this country remained in the center.

People who "rap" against him can kiss off.

Jesse Helms was a good man.

He got things done.

He said what he meant.

He meant what he said.

...Yes, often too far to the right but had to counteract the left-wing loons to ensure this country remained in the center.

People who "rap" against him can kiss off.

Now, it was all going so well, wasn't it?

However, he far outlived his usefulness. By about 86 years.

Well, Senator. Jesse Helms had absolutely no sense of a futuristic way of thinking, but why complain?

A Deathlist candidate doesn't have to be rational to be useful. After 86 years of being usleless he finally made himself useful - somewhere.

Hell(ms) freezes over?

Dead on the 4th July?

Yet another person I've never heard of.

Great news for the list though, could this be a record year?

Hell(ms) freezes over?

That'll do for me thanks HCW

Jesse Helms - I LOVE us

Hell(ms) freezes over?

That'll do for me thanks HCW

Thats quite alright Mr Reaper, and in view of the current credit crunch, I'll waive the usual copyright fee. :huh:

Dorothy ‘Dot’ Helms, widow of late Sen. Jesse Helms, dies at 96; She was born Dorothy Coble in Raleigh in 1919. She and her roommate were the first women to receive journalism degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Dorothy Dot Helms, widow of late Sen. Jesse Helms, dies at 96; She was born Dorothy Coble in Raleigh in 1919. She and her roommate were the first women to receive journalism degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/wake-county/article43612656.html

Nowhere in either obit does it mention a connection between Dot Coble and the longest serving Senator in North Carolina history, Howard Coble, who died a few days ago in his upper 90s. But somewhere along the line the Coble clan of North Carolina was well-connected and I have to believe these two are related.

SC