Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

PJ Proby

Guest Ron Tennant
Dunno what it is, but something lately got me thinking about sixties legends with obscene levels of talent and a sideline in self-destruction and rampant shagging.

You know, like PJ Proby. His web site is positive enough but it would have to be since his career has fallen so far he's basically a cottage industry now. The man is 67 and he's shifted some drink and other stimulants in his time. Anyone have an 'in' on his current health?

A 1991 heart attack, a four-year hiatus and continuing work in theatre was all I could find, but you all probably already knew that.

P.J.Proby is as fit as a fiddle.He's recently finished & 60 city tour Of England & in 2 weeks time will start another tour of the U.K.Next year he's touring in Australia again & at this moment is working on a new C.D.

cheers for P.J.

Does he have time to drop in on this thread?

Just askin' like.

Dunno what it is, but something lately got me thinking about sixties legends with obscene levels of talent and a sideline in self-destruction and rampant shagging.

You know, like PJ Proby. His web site is positive enough but it would have to be since his career has fallen so far he's basically a cottage industry now. The man is 67 and he's shifted some drink and other stimulants in his time. Anyone have an 'in' on his current health?

A 1991 heart attack, a four-year hiatus and continuing work in theatre was all I could find, but you all probably already knew that.

P.J.Proby is as fit as a fiddle.He's recently finished & 60 city tour Of England & in 2 weeks time will start another tour of the U.K.Next year he's touring in Australia again & at this moment is working on a new C.D.

cheers for P.J.

That's what we thought about Gene Pitney.

Given Proby's previous health problems my guess is that he couldn't get on stage without a health check because insurers of a tour would demand it. So if yer man close to him says he's as fit as a fiddle that probably means his pulse, blood pressure and lung function suggest he's capable of lasting a tour. If he was doing pub gigs this wouldn't be an issue but properly promoted theatre tours, with thousands of pounds of other people's money invested, are a different matter.

Yer man Pitney with his own gym and a history of keeping fit probably wouldn't have been tested so much.

None of which rules out a sudden heart attack for Proby, but it does indicate he's not a prime candidate.

Guest BearGrove

The Living Legend P.J. Proby - Still Going Strong

check : http://forums.delphiforums.com/pjproby

These people at this forum does not know much concerning P.J.Proby today.

It is really strange that they have not even succeded to find any correct information by using Google

and just write "P.J.Proby" in the field for search !!!

Losers ! :lol:

Guest SuttonHunter

It is really strange that they have not even succeded to find any correct information by using Google

Hi Beargrove

I agree ! Guess it´s a question of IQ

p.s. It seems that my replies are deleted - I thought censorship just exist in communist countires.

The person who is responsible for this site can not accept any bad words about him/she and the

losers on this site - but it seems allright to defence other people and P.J. Proby......

Hi Beargrove

I agree ! Guess it´s a question of IQ

Please stop talking to yourself.

p.s. It seems that my replies are deleted - I thought censorship just exist in communist countires.

The person who is responsible for this site can not accept any bad words about him/she and the

losers on this site - but it seems allright to defence other people and P.J. Proby......

I did that. Think about it what you like, but if you continue your silly trolling I won't hesitate to prevent you from posting.

regards,

Hein

I thought censorship just exist in communist countires.

You obviously haven't been to the US or England recently.

Guest SuttonHunter
I thought censorship just exist in communist countires.

You obviously haven't been to the US or England recently.

Well, I have been to London the 7th of May to join P.J. Proby at London Palladium and to meet him.

Has things changed since when ?

Maybe I´ll notice the difference when I´ll go to London the 17th of October for P.J.Proby´s tribute to Johnny Cash "Ring Of Fire".

I have never noticed any censorship at forums before since today.

Hein is very quick to delete messages HE don´t like - but it seems allright to let members write BULLSHIT about artists SO VERY NASTY.

I am sure my reply to you will even be deleted VERY SOON.

"Sieg Hein"

Best wishes

Suttonhunter

If you'd bothered to read the thread you'd find there's a fair bit of correct and recent information, some of it contributed by drive by postings seemingly inspired by his current work. I think we've got the message. Are any of the regulars hereabouts planning on - like - buying tickets to see the man?

Guest BearGrove
If you'd bothered to read the thread you'd find there's a fair bit of correct and recent information, some of it contributed by drive by postings seemingly inspired by his current work. I think we've got the message. Are any of the regulars hereabouts planning on - like - buying tickets to see the man?

I am going to his performance at Fairfield Halls,Croydon the 17th of October - and to meet him again.

I have been his P.A. when he has given concerts & gigs in Sweden some years ago.

I was meeting hinm in London the 7th of May - after the final concert at The Lndon Palladium

You can even find some pictures at : My PJP Slide Show

regards

BearGrove

Guest Andy Cole

The Man is in good health now and touring the U.K in the spring of this year.His voice hasnt changed. I saw him live in November on his Johnny Cash Ring of Fire tribute show. He is still fantastic,. He will probably never get the recognition he deserves now but hey I still like to see him live. Still has the old Charisma.

He must regret the split pants all those years age. If it hadnt been for that................. well who knows.

Guest Tee Cee

Jim is still going strong an amazing talent who never really acheived what he could have done, the split pants got him banned by the BBC! Who knows what might have been! He had a struggle with drinking at one time and appeared on a TV show trying to get fit for a season in Blackpool on a treadmill with a can of tennants super in one hand, that was quite sad, But P.J came through that and is performing live very often now, he must be admired for that !

... and three years later, it reaches Worcester Crown Court. I hope BearGrove/SuttonHunter has got front row tickets.

...and another year later, PJ Proby cleared of benefit fraud.

"I am very happy justice has finally been done. I was not dishonest when I claimed benefits, which I needed in order to live.

"I only performed to give pleasure and not to make money." :rolleyes:

... and three years later, it reaches Worcester Crown Court. I hope BearGrove/SuttonHunter has got front row tickets.

"I am very happy justice has finally been done. I was not dishonest when I claimed benefits, which I needed in order to live.

He was flying by the seat of his pants there.

Prosecution under the Trades Description Act to follow, surely?

Dunno, if the pleasure comment refers to his rampant shagging in the sixties...he may have a point (heh heh).

• Like 1

Guest Ron Tennant

P.J.Proby will be 74 on Tuesday Nov. 6th 2012.He's looking & singing better than ever!! Currently touring the U.K. A LEGEND!!

Guest Ron Tennant

P.J.Proby was cleared of all benefit cheating charges! An innocent man! Always being picked on but he's from Texas & they've got real balls! THE SURVIVOR!

Proby's name is on the list of acts undertaking a lengthy UK tour this year, dates up to the start of December, by which point he'll be 76.

Proby's name is on the list of acts undertaking a lengthy UK tour this year, dates up to the start of December, by which point he'll be 76.

Seems a bit young for the deathlist, no?

Not really, just because he's 76 doesn't mean he's too young. Davey Jones and Gene Pitney were both 66 when they died. Both had heart attacks while on tour.

Not really, just because he's 76 doesn't mean he's too young. Davey Jones and Gene Pitney were both 66 when they died. Both had heart attacks while on tour.

Proby has a history of hell raising and heart trouble. He's not too young for us. The cynic in me assumes he wasn't too much of a worry for the insurance people underwriting this tour because he's so far down the bill that any health problem ahead of them setting off wouldn't lead to mass demands for refunds.

• Like 1