harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

American Football Players

Well, I was in attendance at Wembley yesterday and I'm pleased to report that the popularity stakes were as follows:

1) Lewis Hamilton

2) Martin Johnson

3) The Miami Cheerleaders

4) The streaker

5) The Feeling

6) The Dolphins team

7) The Giants team

8) The military marching band at halftime

9) The Mexican Wave

10) John Terry

My personal favourite moment was John Terry getting simultaneously booed by 80,000 people, nicely juxtaposed between the huge cheers for Martin Johnson and Lewis Hamilton!

I think there was an American Football match in there somewhere as well......

There is something of the Germany in 1939 mindset amongst a segment of English sports fans. Someone starts booing a visiting team's anthem, or starts up with "no surrender to the IRA", or "I'd rather be a Paki than a Turk", and 10,000 other morons chime in. OK, so Terry plays for Chelsea, arguably the least popular club for other football fans. But he's also the England captain and has for the most part played damn well for his country. He's at Wembley, where the England team play their home matches. What has he done to deserve that kind of treatment? And I'm not a Chelsea fan in a million years. Pretty f*****g sad behaviour. And this is not a dig, at all, at 4H, whose analysis of Sunday is 100% spot on, I was there too.

• Like 1

So how did all you Brits enjoy the game? Any interest in joining the NFL in the future?

I'd be more than happy for the NFL to franchise out a team to us - they could call them the London Monarchs.....or maybe not.

I've never understood the whole booing of national anthems et al - didn't happen during the rugby world cup so I'm assuming it's just a football thing. I translated the booing for John Terry as a social comment on him bottling somebody in a night club and then getting let off because he's famous. However, I now understand that playing for Chelsea is much worse and he should be disembowelled immediately.

The New England Patriots win again defeating a previously undefeated Dallas 48-37 to go to 6-0. Can anyone stop this team?

Indianapolis has the best chance. Both teams will play each other at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis on Nov 4th.

I quite agree, ff. We're looking forward to that game. A win for New England will probably mean a bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Bugger, Indianapolis lost at home!

Final score, New England 24, Indianapolis 20

The New England Patriots win again defeating a previously undefeated Dallas 48-37 to go to 6-0. Can anyone stop this team?

Indianapolis has the best chance. Both teams will play each other at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis on Nov 4th.

I quite agree, ff. We're looking forward to that game. A win for New England will probably mean a bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Bugger, Indianapolis lost at home!

Final score, New England 24, Indianapolis 20

Now that would have been a good game for the NFL to bring over to London. Tom Brady is having one heck of a year, on and off the field.

tom-gisele503.jpg

So how did all you Brits enjoy the game? Any interest in joining the NFL in the future?

Sure did thanks very much. Likewise, as a Cowboys fan, I would like to see the NFL expand a bit but not so much as it downgrades the games at all. I think "if we could have sold this 90,000 seater game 8 times over" then we would have a valid go at having our own new team or one of those current franchises out for lick of paint who are not able to make playing in the US pay as much as moving here. Such as the Jets, Jaguars or Ravens would also be logical fits.

With the New England Patriots' 24-20 win over Indianapolis, there is little doubt about the identity of football's best team.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Yanks and all those who are thankful for their blessings. Have fun watching football and don't eat too much! (Oh, what the hell, eat all you want).

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Yanks and all those who are thankful for their blessings. Have fun watching football and don't eat too much! (Oh, what the hell, eat all you want).

and may the good Lord bring the Packers a victory against the puny Lions.

Guest Don Majkowski

Yea and verily did the good Lord provide victory as Brett and his merry men had their wicked way with the lowly Detroit infidels. And thus the Lord did declaim "bring on them Cowboys".

Praise be and hallelujah. Amen.

Yea and verily did the good Lord provide victory as Brett and his merry men had their wicked way with the lowly Detroit infidels. And thus the Lord did declaim "bring on them Cowboys".

Praise be and hallelujah. Amen.

Yea but then did the Packers journey to Dallas and the lair of the Cowboys, and the Lord (through his agents the Cowboys) did smite the Packers and their chieftain Brett. So are the mighty rendered low, Praise the Lord.

With the New England Patriots' 24-20 win over Indianapolis, there is little doubt about the identity of football's best team.

Patriots complete perfect regular season

I was hoping that the Pats would lose yesterday, but they came back from being down 28-16 at the beginning of the 4th quarter to beat the NY Giants 38-35

Guest ryan grant

Patriots complete perfect regular season

I was hoping that the Pats would lose yesterday, but they came back from being down 28-16 at the beginning of the 4th quarter to beat the NY Giants 38-35

it snowed. the packers won. god is in his heaven.

Guest Brett

Well played Giants and welcome to Lambeau! Let it snow, let it snow let it snow...

The Giants surprise the Cowboys (sorry CA) and the Chargers knock off the Colts. Quite a day of upsets. Green Bay and New England will host the conference finals to see who progresses to the Super Bowl.

The Giants surprise the Cowboys (sorry CA) and the Chargers knock off the Colts. Quite a day of upsets. Green Bay and New England will host the conference finals to see who progresses to the Super Bowl.

Tony Romo was terrible. He overthrew too many passes to his receivers. It was like his mind was not on the game at all. Indianappolis was not much better. Too many turnovers and some unbelievable play calls by the offensive coordinator. Now my hope is lying with Green Bay. It would be nice to see Brett Favre end his amazing career with another superbowl ring.

It was an almost perfect weekend. First the Packers won merrily rolling clippig the wings of the Seahawks. On Sunday (which was yesterday) The San Diego Chargers rode the Colts out of town (well in all fairness they took the Colts for one last ride in Indianapolis). Then as the afternoon wore on there was a Giant victory as The Giants disposed of the favored Cowboys down in Dallas. Ah yes, an almost perfect weekend----and perfect it might well have beeeeeen had it not beeeeeen for those pesky Patriots actually cheating their way into another victory over the Jaguars.

It was an almost perfect weekend. First the Packers won merrily rolling clippig the wings of the Seahawks. On Sunday (which was yesterday) The San Diego Chargers rode the Colts out of town (well in all fairness they took the Colts for one last ride in Indianapolis). Then as the afternoon wore on there was a Giant victory as The Giants disposed of the favored Cowboys down in Dallas. Ah yes, an almost perfect weekend----and perfect it might well have beeeeeen had it not beeeeeen for those pesky Patriots actually cheating their way into another victory over the Jaguars.

I enjoyed Owens crying like a baby

Tony Romo was terrible. He overthrew too many passes to his receivers. It was like his mind was not on the game at all. Indianappolis was not much better. Too many turnovers and some unbelievable play calls by the offensive coordinator. Now my hope is lying with Green Bay. It would be nice to see Brett Favre end his amazing career with another superbowl ring.

I agree with your analysis ff, but not with your wishes. Being from New Hampshire, I want to see the Patriots get their fourth Super Bowl in seven years cementing them as one of the greatest dynasties in football history. I do like Brett but I like Tom Brady a lot better. The problems that Dallas and Indy had just highlight the point that it's awfully difficult to go through an entire season without having a bad game. It makes what the Patriots are trying to accomplish all the more amazing.

Bruno,

I'm shocked that you would stoop to hurling such a base canard at my upstanding and virtuous New England Patriots. Frankly I expected better of a gentleman such as yourself. Based on my ongoing respect and admiration for you, I will not demand satisfaction.

I enjoyed Owens crying like a baby

In my view it's like 'grow up bitch!' 'Do you know there are four or five camera's on you? We all lose ... tomorrow is another day. 'It's unfair' 'It my team' 'it's my team' 'he's my quarter back' .... and he also gets Jessica Simpson. He ain't cryin' .. I can tell you that.

Now I'm not much for Football but I'll watch the super bowl because it's the biggest thing on TV that night and even as 'The New York\New Jersey Giants' would be my choice I think I want The Packers to take this. Let the Patriots lose to a 38 year old quarterback.

Anyway hear TO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNO6On7cK1M

Sorry me? I haven't been a Cowboys fan since 1989.

Father jailed for taping jersey on sonBoy, 7, refused to wear Packers clothing before game

Upset that his 7-year-old son wouldn't wear a Green Bay Packers jersey during the team's playoff victory Saturday, a man restrained the boy for an hour with tape and taped the jersey onto him.

I agree with your analysis ff, but not with your wishes. Being from New Hampshire, I want to see the Patriots get their fourth Super Bowl in seven years cementing them as one of the greatest dynasties in football history. I do like Brett but I like Tom Brady a lot better. The problems that Dallas and Indy had just highlight the point that it's awfully difficult to go through an entire season without having a bad game. It makes what the Patriots are trying to accomplish all the more amazing.

Yes, it has been vastly improved since Belichick has realized that the cameraman filming all the plays should keep himself camouflaged and not parade around the field waving the camera---- a huge asterisk against your entire season Sam.

Bruno,

I'm shocked that you would stoop to hurling such a base canard at my upstanding and virtuous New England Patriots. Frankly I expected better of a gentleman such as yourself. Based on my ongoing respect and admiration for you, I will not demand satisfaction.

don't be shocked---I have never cared for the Northeastern quadrant of the country- well anything dealing with the rancid state of Massachusetts. Massachusetts known for Ted Kennedy, Mitt Romney and John Kerry and vacation land of the windbags known as the Clintons. Massachusetts where baseball is a joke and they know it. Massachusetts where basketball relies on images of the ancient past (Celtics) and hockey turns to imagery of attacking wildlife (Bruins). Massachusetts a place that even the Bee Gees whined about (of course it sounded like whining in most of their nasally tunes). Massachusetts where even Amtrak trains try to avoid going. Massachu.... oh wait.... I see you're in New Humpshuh (spell it the way it's pronounced there). I once saw New Hampshire from my window, can't say as how I've recently been there though.

In the final moments, may the best team win. The team which has shown character and change throughout the season. The team which was on the verge of elimination just a few scalloped weeks ago, the team which once had association with that disreputable creature Bill Belichick-----yes, that's right, I am talking about The Giants. The Giants who once played on the same hallowed grounds as The Beloved New York Yankees. The Giants, a team which generates awe and reverance and respect. The Giants whp need this win in order to help the Manning family vacation next summer with glee that even though it wasn't their favorited son, at least one son got the Super Bowl ring. The Giants who have young Eli Manning and a nifty Three Dog Night tune playing serenely in the background.

(In the event of The Giants not making it to the next leg of this journey, my hopes will be flimsily pinned on the jerseys of Green Bay and the team from my former neighboring state.)

(In the event that the other team wins, I will disavow any knowledge of having posted my above rantings.)

(In the event that the Chargers end up winning the Super Bowl, I will temporarily shift my alliance and allegiance towards them until mid-September when the next season has gotten underway.)

Yes, it has been vastly improved since Belichick has realized that the cameraman filming all the plays should keep himself camouflaged and not parade around the field waving the camera---- a huge asterisk against your entire season Sam.

Bruno,

don't be shocked---I have never cared for the Northeastern quadrant of the country- well anything dealing with the rancid state of Massachusetts. Massachusetts known for Ted Kennedy, Mitt Romney and John Kerry and vacation land of the windbags known as the Clintons. Massachusetts where baseball is a joke and they know it. Massachusetts where basketball relies on images of the ancient past (Celtics) and hockey turns to imagery of attacking wildlife (Bruins). Massachusetts a place that even the Bee Gees whined about (of course it sounded like whining in most of their nasally tunes). Massachusetts where even Amtrak trains try to avoid going. Massachu.... oh wait.... I see you're in New Humpshuh (spell it the way it's pronounced there). I once saw New Hampshire from my window, can't say as how I've recently been there though.

In the final moments, may the best team win. The team which has shown character and change throughout the season. The team which was on the verge of elimination just a few scalloped weeks ago, the team which once had association with that disreputable creature Bill Belichick-----yes, that's right, I am talking about The Giants. The Giants who once played on the same hallowed grounds as The Beloved New York Yankees. The Giants, a team which generates awe and reverance and respect. The Giants whp need this win in order to help the Manning family vacation next summer with glee that even though it wasn't their favorited son, at least one son got the Super Bowl ring. The Giants who have young Eli Manning and a nifty Three Dog Night tune playing serenely in the background.

(In the event of The Giants not making it to the next leg of this journey, my hopes will be flimsily pinned on the jerseys of Green Bay and the team from my former neighboring state.)

(In the event that the other team wins, I will disavow any knowledge of having posted my above rantings.)

(In the event that the Chargers end up winning the Super Bowl, I will temporarily shift my alliance and allegiance towards them until mid-September when the next season has gotten underway.)

Bruno- You say that Massachusetts baseball is a joke and then refer to your beloved New York Yankees? The Red Sox have won two championships in this century to none for the Bronx Bombers (Bombers has taken on a new meaning). The Yanks are also the authors of the greatest choke in baseball history (being up 3-0 in the 2004 ALCS and losing) and have won nothing lately in spite of outspending even the Red Sox. The best team will undoubtedly win the Super Bowl, the New England Patriots and their much maligned coach and the possibly the best quarterback in history, Tom Brady.

That's the word from New Hampsha!

• Like 1