Cowboy Ronnie

Hosni Mubarak

2). may be true. At the moment I would say it is a much more positive day than negative.

Up until the Halibut Brotherhood starts loping off academics heads.

Think people are somewhat overestimating the power of the Halibut Brotherhood there, we're talking a group of 150 thousand in a country of 85 million

2). may be true. At the moment I would say it is a much more positive day than negative.

Up until the Halibut Brotherhood starts loping off academics heads.

Think people are somewhat overestimating the power of the Halibut Brotherhood there, we're talking a group of 150 thousand in a country of 85 million

That number has been artificially kept down by the current regime. Whatever the name of the movement, history has shown that when you have a movement of young, unemployed, suppressed, relatively highly-educated Halibuts that is suddenly left in a sudden political vacuum; bad things can happen. The secular political forces are not ready for prime time. Looks too much like Iran.

Sod all this nonsense, I'm holding out for a vast reduction in holidays to Luxor next winter!

Looks too much like Iran.

Things are changing and I wouldn't be surprised when a more Islam oriented party comes into power, but I don't think it'll be along Iranian lines, for several reasons.

• There's a considerable Christian minority in Egypt. They've been suffering from heavy discrimination and they'll want a say in things.
  • Most, if not all, Egyption Halibuts are of the Sunni persuasion, rather than Shia.
  • There's, to the best of my knowledge, no religious leader in exile waiting to take over power.

If Egypt will indeed move toward a more democratic political system (which isn't clear at this moment) fears for a second Iran seem rather unfounded.

BTW, I congratulate the People of Egypt with their fine victory. Which country is next?

regards,

Hein

Looks too much like Iran.

Things are changing and I wouldn't be surprised when a more Islam oriented party comes into power, but I don't think it'll be along Iranian lines, for several reasons.

• There's a considerable Christian minority in Egypt. They've been suffering from heavy discrimination and they'll want a say in things.
  • Most, if not all, Egyption Halibuts are of the Sunni persuasion, rather than Shia.
  • There's, to the best of my knowledge, no religious leader in exile waiting to take over power.

If Egypt will indeed move toward a more democratic political system (which isn't clear at this moment) fears for a second Iran seem rather unfounded.

BTW, I congratulate the People of Egypt with their fine victory. Which country is next?

regards,

Hein

Yemen and Algeria both looking pretty vulnerable at present...

I wish my boss had half of Mubarak's perceptive faculty.

I wish my boss had a quarter of Mubarak's understanding and compassion when it comes to dealing with dissent in the ranks... :)

Reports coming in suggest that Mubarak has fallen in to a coma and been airlifted to a hospital in Germany.

Perhaps he was hoping to keep power until September so he could 'go with his boots on'

I wish my boss had half of Mubarak's perceptive faculty.

I wish my boss had a quarter of Mubarak's understanding and compassion when it comes to dealing with dissent in the ranks... :(

Reports coming in suggest that Mubarak has fallen in to a coma and been airlifted to a hospital in Germany.

Like al-Megrahi, he's either seconds from death or doing handsprings along the Sharm el-Sheikh promenade. Thank heavens we don't suffer the same media obfuscation with our own western celebrities like Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Rome was the next empire to fall after Egypt.

Finger's crossed for history repeating itself (but in short order).

Not quite in a coma, but it is being reported that Mubarak is in delicate health.

Since losing power he has become depressed, and is refusing to take his medication. He has also had a fight with his wife and son, blaming them for his downfall.

Not quite in a coma, but it is being reported that Mubarak is in delicate health.

Since losing power he has become depressed, and is refusing to take his medication. He has also had a fight with his wife and son, blaming them for his downfall.

Now some sources are saying that news of Mubarak's death could 'come at any time'.

His health is said to be deteriorating rapidly, he is refusing medication, and refusing to have his ailments treated abroad because he wants to die in Egypt.

In reality, he probably wants to die before he can be prosecuted, or wants to be 'ill' in order to avoid prosecution.

Guest Guest

Former dictator of Egypt Hosni Mubarak has been rushed to hospital .No word on hos condition

Former dictator of Egypt Hosni Mubarak has been rushed to hospital .No word on hos condition

Surprise surprise, he was due to face questions regarding corruption

Guest Guest

He is in intensive care after suffering a heart attack. The Egyptian people are keeping an all night vigil ,full of concern for his welfare.. ;)

He is in intensive care after suffering a heart attack. The Egyptian people are keeping an all night vigil ,full of concern for his welfare.. ;)

No they aint....

Do we still get points on the DDP if he is executed?

No.

No.

Flip.

Now his wife, Suzanne Mubarak, has suffered a heart attack...after being detained by the authorities.

According to his lawyer, which means that an ample supply of salt is recommended, Mubarak is in a coma.

regards,

Hein

state tv have denied the reports.Why anyone still believes them to start with I don't know..If its a Zsa Zsa Gabor style coma he'll be jogging round the park in a few days...